Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Sep 20, 2013, 04:24 PM   #1
Jamesesesesess
macrumors 6502a

Will the 5s work with Straight Talk?

A friend of mine wants the 5s but has Straight Talk. She has the money to buy the phone without a contract but doesn't know whether it'll work or not since Straight Talk isn't officially offering the phone. I'm not familiar with Straight Talk since I use Verizon, but I've done a little research and it looks like all you have to do is cut down the SIM card and change the APN settings? And the T-Mobile version of the 5s that's being sold on Apple's website is unlocked, yes? That's what I've read on here.

Has anyone tried this yet?
Jamesesesesess is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2013, 04:45 PM   #2
Phan0121
macrumors newbie

Probably? I would check what bands straight talk uses and if it's available on the 5s.

Also, I'd have her get the verizon b/c the gsm sim is unlocked and it will work with any provider who uses gsm. She then also has the option to use verizon with the CDMA side of the phone if she wants to. Basically gives 3 of the big 4 carriers and any other GSM carrier

----------

Theres a few posts about the t-Mobile Verizon not being unlocked. I think you absolutely need to buy the t-mobile simless for it to be unlocked.

Or avoid the headache and go with the verizon 5s
Phan0121 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone