Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thesaga

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 12, 2013
The last two days my macbook screen has gone black for a few seconds then reappeared a few seconds later. Its as if it goes to sleep for a few seconds. The two times it has done this it has been charging. I have checked for hotspots but i have not activated any of them. I bought my mac only two months ago and have been very careful with it so i am confused about this problem. Any help ? Please ?

Many Thanks people

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
If this happens, then it is not fine. First off, go to Apple and explain the problem. They'll diagnose it. Its easier for them to deal with it since you are under warranty.

They might try to recreate the issue there. So be sure to know how to do that.

thesaga

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 12, 2013
thanks for your advice. I am currently living abroad so i dont think the warranty i have is global. I bought it in the UK and i am now in south Korea. I dont know how to recreate the problem it only happened twice randomly while i was using it when charging.

thesaga

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 12, 2013
I think i should mention it was warranty in house, i did not purchase any warranty.

thesaga

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 12, 2013
Perhaps i should email the shop to find out if warranty is global? I presume it is, strange how this is happening when im charging it

xriderx11

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2010
I have the same exact problem. It doesnt bother me that much because it only happens if I have the laptop lid open at a certain angle (Like 130 degrees) it will go to sleep. I think it might be thinking im closing my laptops lid and making it go to sleep. So ask apple if that could be the issue because im pretty sure thats whats wrong with mine....

Xgm541

macrumors 65816
May 3, 2011
If i remember correctly, some of the older macbooks would not turn on if they had another macbook beneath them. This was due to a magnet that was causing the macbook to be in sleep mode.

Perhaps you have some kind of disruption like that?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.