Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Wasteland

Closed Thread

Old Nov 29, 2012, 04:55 AM   #1
Doc750
macrumors 6502a

Galaxy Note 2 Soldout!

I canceled my preorder with Verizon, b/c as always, AT&T suckered me back in with extremely low pricing on phone, cut my monthly bill by $30 and waived activation fee and shipping. But i checked my order status this morning and its on back order, b/c the phone is sold out!

The phone has sold over 5 million units in the past 30 days! And is on 2+ week backorder. I guess 5 million plus people really did want a larger screen.

Last edited by Doc750; Nov 29, 2012 at 05:20 AM.
Doc750 is offline   1
Old Nov 29, 2012, 05:07 AM   #2
MonkeySee....
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc750 View Post
I canceled my preorder with Verizon, b/c as always, AT&T suckered me back in with extremely low pricing on phone, cut my monthly bill by $30 and waived activation fee and shipping. But i checked my order status this morning and its on back order, b/c the phone is sold out!

The phone has sold over 5 million units in the past 30 days. I guess 5 million plus people really did want a larger screen.
Do you think people upgraded to the 5 Purely because it had a larger screen?

Always keep the rhythm in your feet and a little party in your shoulders. - Phil Dunphy
MonkeySee.... is offline   0
Old Nov 29, 2012, 05:18 AM   #3
Doc750
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeySee.... View Post
Do you think people upgraded to the 5 Purely because it had a larger screen?
No I believe they upgraded to the 5, b/c it says apple on the box. They could have made a lower quality screen, shrunken it in size, put in a slower processor and people would have bought it. Then in a year when they bumped the specs slightly, they would have run to buy it again.

But I also believe the people who are attracted to the note 2 were drawn to it in large part b/c of the larger screen.
Doc750 is offline   0
Old Nov 29, 2012, 05:44 AM   #4
MonkeySee....
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc750 View Post
No I believe they upgraded to the 5, b/c it says apple on the box. They could have made a lower quality screen, shrunken it in size, put in a slower processor and people would have bought it. Then in a year when they bumped the specs slightly, they would have run to buy it again.

But I also believe the people who are attracted to the note 2 were drawn to it in large part b/c of the larger screen.
Ahh ok. Its one of those thread.

I'm out.

Always keep the rhythm in your feet and a little party in your shoulders. - Phil Dunphy
MonkeySee.... is offline   0
Old Nov 29, 2012, 05:46 AM   #5
Switchback666
macrumors 65816

What a disgusting thread op i was hoping for news but its clear your plan i turning these in bait.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 05:59 AM   #6
Blackberryroid
Banned

Samsung intentionally made only a few Galaxy Note 2. That way, they can say "YAY! WE ARE SOLD OUT!" after selling 10 of their Galaxy Note to their advertisement actors.
Blackberryroid is offline   0

Closed Thread
MacRumors Forums > Archive > Wasteland