two in europe
Nokia Lumia 1520 - 32Gb
Max(IT) is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2012, 11:33 AM   #52
sbailey4
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by white4s View Post
i think i'm just gonna leave it alone. i have 7gb of pictures/videos alone and im not about to pay for more icloud memory. **** it i'll deal with it until the 5s
The backup can be done via iTunes as well and you then have a local backup. Also you can sync/backup your pics to photo stream or sync to the local PC and get them back. You dont really need to increase iCloud storage for photos if you save them to local PC or photostream.

I concur that you need to setup as new and not restore the backup at least to start. You can certainly restore it and restore your backup and see it it helps. It could very well be fine but as others have mentioned the backup may restore the issue. Another option is restore via iTunes, restore your backup, then go to general>reset>reset all settings (NOT erase all data). Select setup as new when the phone reboots.This will not delete your apps and data that you just restored but you have to manually reset any particular settings and wallpaper etc. If that does not help then you can always restore, setup as new and sync and manually install apps again as worst case. You have options. I would try the latter first since it will restore all your stuff like it was and if the problem is gone you win, if not you can still restore again and go through the manual stuff.

Also there is an option called DFU restore. you can search for the process but that is a low level restore and has a good success rate of solving corrupt software issues.

Last edited by sbailey4; Dec 7, 2012 at 11:39 AM.
sbailey4 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2012, 11:33 AM   #53
MozMan68
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by white4s View Post
yea my phone shattered and since i dont have insurance i ended up doing a color conversion for half the price of a lcd replacement but still looks and performs like oem
D'oh...whoops...sorry about that...never mind.
MozMan68 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2012, 03:55 PM   #54
white4s
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbailey4 View Post
The backup can be done via iTunes as well and you then have a local backup. Also you can sync/backup your pics to photo stream or sync to the local PC and get them back. You dont really need to increase iCloud storage for photos if you save them to local PC or photostream.

I concur that you need to setup as new and not restore the backup at least to start. You can certainly restore it and restore your backup and see it it helps. It could very well be fine but as others have mentioned the backup may restore the issue. Another option is restore via iTunes, restore your backup, then go to general>reset>reset all settings (NOT erase all data). Select setup as new when the phone reboots.This will not delete your apps and data that you just restored but you have to manually reset any particular settings and wallpaper etc. If that does not help then you can always restore, setup as new and sync and manually install apps again as worst case. You have options. I would try the latter first since it will restore all your stuff like it was and if the problem is gone you win, if not you can still restore again and go through the manual stuff.

Also there is an option called DFU restore. you can search for the process but that is a low level restore and has a good success rate of solving corrupt software issues.
it's still the same so i will try the reset all settings first before a restore to new. i already transferred my entire camera roll to the pc but how do i back up the pictures to photo stream? wasn't aware i could do that
white4s is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 6