Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues

Old Jan 11, 2013, 11:51 AM   #101
glocke12
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacNut View Post
Why do you need 5k rounds?
practice, competition, and because I am a hoarder...good thing for that last because ammo is not to be found anywhere right now.

Its also cheaper to buy in bulk like that...

For practice I shoot roughly 300 rounds a week (four different calibers combined).

For compeitions, I can easliy shoot 1000 rounds a month in different calibers.

Than there are classes where you can go through anywhere from 300 rounds to 1000 rounds in a weekend.
glocke12 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 12:00 PM   #102
MacNut
macrumors P6

Quote:
Originally Posted by glocke12 View Post
practice, competition, and because I am a hoarder...good thing for that last because ammo is not to be found anywhere right now.

Its also cheaper to buy in bulk like that...

For practice I shoot roughly 300 rounds a week (four different calibers combined).

For compeitions, I can easliy shoot 1000 rounds a month in different calibers.

Than there are classes where you can go through anywhere from 300 rounds to 1000 rounds in a weekend.
When you go to competitions, they don't supply the amo or weapons?
Old Jan 11, 2013, 12:08 PM   #103
Hawkeye16
macrumors regular

Quote:
Next question for both of you. Where do you shoot.

----------

Isn't a pump action shot gun best for zombies?
I go to various ranges around where I live. They have trap, pistol, mid and long range areas (out to 300yds at one). There are always tons of people out there as well. It is a pretty popular thing to do around here.

As for the zombies - it depends on if they are 20 yds away or 200yds away.

Quote:
No - you obviously supply your own weapon as they all shoot differently and most people modify theirs in one way or another and different weapons "like" different ammo so you also supply the ammunition you want to use.

A few things like tranning/tactical classes I have looked at a few of them supply ammo but not many of those either.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 12:08 PM   #104
glocke12
Banned

Quote:
no...you supply your own firearm and ammo...

at one point in time some clubs supplied ammo that was gov't surplus, but those days are long gone and in any case you still had to pay for it...
glocke12 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 12:44 PM   #105
Tomorrow
macrumors 603

Quote:
IMO, semi-auto always beats pump action.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 01:13 PM   #106
prostuff1
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Next question for both of you. Where do you shoot.
I usually go to a couple different ranges around my area, mostly indoor since the weather right now is crappy here.

Quote:
No, as the others have already said. Each gun shoots different and each person, after having shoot a while, gets use to there own firearm and even the specific ammo they use in it.

The IDPA is all about you using your own Conceal carry weapon for taking its classes. There thought process, which I completely agree with, is that you get to know your gun and only your gun while practicing. Making someone shoot a different weapon for the classes/qualifying would just be stupid.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 01:32 PM   #107
Anonymous Freak
macrumors 68040

[QUOTE=MacNut;16645443]Next question for both of you. Where do you shoot.

Either at local established ranges, out at unofficial gun ranges on federal forest land (completely legal here, the ones I go to are well maintained by volunteers so that nobody ruins it for everyone, another one was closed off recently due to @$$holes leaving trash behind too often.)

Quote:
Nah, semi-automatic shotgun.

20" Aluminum iMac 7,1 (mid-2007, Santa Rosa,) upgraded to 2.6 GHz Penryn, 6 GB RAM, 1 TB HD, 4 TB total external hard drive
Anonymous Freak is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 01:41 PM   #108
zioxide
macrumors 603

Quote:
thug on thug crime...drug dealers shooting other drug dealers over territory, product, people actively engaging in criminal activity etc...in other words, you reap what you sow.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/...l-target_N.htm

Sorry, but someone who has lived a crime filled life, perhaps preying on the weak is not going to get much sympathy from me when they meet a violent end.
You are generalizing WAY too much here.
zioxide is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 05:22 PM   #109
thekev
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostuff1 View Post

What, to trusting them?...

If that is the case then those kids get off easy. My parents never gave me blanket trust. If you asked my dad if he trusted me when I was 10 he would look you in the eye, chuckle and tell you I was a kid and therefore could never be trusted at that age. I was a good kid by all accounts and my parents would say as much... but they would not have trusted me as far as they could throw me when I was younger.
I'm not suggesting parents shouldn't trust their kids with anything. I was merely saying that firearms should be locked up. I was also talking more about the adults than the kids. I know plenty of adults with poor judgement. It's best not to rely on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prostuff1 View Post

It seems parenting has gone to **** and a hand basket over the last generation.
I wonder how many generations have repeated statements like that one.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 11:02 AM   #110
k995
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
I think that in a couple of these shootings it was clear before the shooting happened that the shooter was disturbed and people basically either ignored it or were unable to get the person treatment because the mental health system is broken..
Some examples ?

Quote:
examples? more than one hopefully?
Alex jones, ted nuggent , James Yeager , ...

Sorry those people should be nowhere near a gun.

Quote:
Really? 25% ? soruce for that please ? actually allow me...

http://m.dailykos.com/story/2010/09/...aise-Awareness

I think the number is closer to 14.5%
http://yubanet.com/usa/65-Million-Am...p#.UPGWVyea-pg

65 million

And be it 15 or 20 or 25% its a huge part that you simply dismiss as "killable" criminals.

Quote:
Also, I think you damn well know that I am talking about people who are actively involved in violent, criminal lives. Again I hold no sympathy for them. The fact that meet an early death means they are not around to victimize other people.
So you seriously find that the very vast mayority of those people killed deserved to die?

Got anything to back up that 75% is such a violent criminal repeater?
k995 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2013, 11:24 AM   #111
rdowns
macrumors Penryn

Quote:
Originally Posted by k995 View Post
Some examples ?

Alex jones, ted nuggent , James Yeager , ...

Sorry those people should be nowhere near a gun.

Come on now, Ted is a patriot in the fight for our gun civil rights. He likens himself to Rosa Parks, who coincidentally, will also never be elected to the Rock and Roll hall of Fame.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 11:36 PM   #112
MacNut
macrumors P6

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdowns View Post
Come on now, Ted is a patriot in the fight for our gun civil rights. He likens himself to Rosa Parks, who coincidentally, will also never be elected to the Rock and Roll hall of Fame.
I thought Ted was more a bow and arrow type now.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 11:32 AM   #113
Technarchy
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkramer View Post

It doesn't really matter, possibly both, but still guns being around didn't stop it from happening like the NRA claims they do.
I can give you the number to my unit's recruiter and you can find out for yourself that almost no guns are readily available on military bases.

I see my M4 twice, or maybe 3 times a year unless I am deployed. You'll see weapon at the gate and that's about it. I'm an Officer and even amongst other Officers, I've only known one captain that carried a concealed weapon in all my years.
Steve Jobs, January 9th 2007, 10:44am: "We filed for over 200 patents for all the inventions in iPhone and we intend to protect them."
Technarchy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2013, 12:38 PM   #114
Eraserhead
macrumors G4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technarchy View Post
I can give you the number to my unit's recruiter and you can find out for yourself that almost no guns are readily available on military bases.
So why exactly is arming the general US population a good idea?

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues