Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

samuelk0814

macrumors member
Feb 14, 2011
... and why are you quoting me? Did I start stating he "needs" one?
Do please quote the guy who stated that next time ( justperry ). :rolleyes:

Too many assumptions about your dad there... Let's not decide what he'd do or not beforehand. Let's just let him decide when the time comes... he might just as easily surprise you and actually buy one ( or the keyboard price might drop by then )! But of course you have never considered that option because according to your assumptions, he'd never pay that kind of money... which is fine with me, but it's an assumption nonetheless.

You are making the rookie mistake of assuming that what he says is an assumption, for all you know his dad could be mind-controlled by his son. See where I'm going? Stop assuming that he's assuming by predicting what his dad will do.

Barna Biro

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2011
Zug, Switzerland
for all you know his dad could be mind-controlled by his son.

Thumbs up! How could have I forgotten about mind-control?! :confused: :rolleyes:

Stop assuming that he's assuming by predicting what his dad will do.

Naaah... Assumptions are fine, they just turn nasty once one tries to present them as "facts" in order to back up some really weak statement :rolleyes: But yeah, I definitely have to remember about the possibility of mind-control next time... I still can't believe I forgot about it!

Last edited:

Ann P

macrumors 68020
Jun 29, 2009
California
how come this one is almost half the price?

It's an OEM product, read the info. These keyboards have never been used, are OEM (Just the Keyboard in plastic wrapping) and may have some minor imperfections such as knicks and scratches to the Aluminum casing.

pgiguere1

macrumors 68020
May 28, 2009
Montreal, Canada
how come this one is almost half the price?

Because it's fake. Look at the images. There's a LED above the volume down key, F keys (F1, F2, F3...) have blue text and the bottom is made of plastic instead of metal. Look where you insert the battery.

It certainly looks like the real thing at first glance, but I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't feel right or breaks so soon you have to replace it and don't even actually save money.

I'm personally using a wired Apple keyboard with numpad from 2008 and it still feels brand new. All keys still feel perfect, no sign of wear and it's still being sold right now. The $49 investment was definitely worth it, and I can't say that about all the peripherals I've bought.

It's a great alternative to the $69 wireless keyboard if wireless is not a necessity (and it rarely really is).

circa7

macrumors regular
Jan 8, 2013
Because it's fake. Look at the images. There's a LED above the volume down key, F keys (F1, F2, F3...) have blue text and the bottom is made of plastic instead of metal. Look where you insert the battery.

It certainly looks like the real thing at first glance, but I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't feel right or breaks so soon you have to replace it and don't even actually save money.

I'm personally using a wired Apple keyboard with numpad from 2008 and it still feels brand new. All keys still feel perfect, no sign of wear and it's still being sold right now. The $49 investment was definitely worth it, and I can't say that about all the peripherals I've bought.

It's a great alternative to the $69 wireless keyboard if wireless is not a necessity (and it rarely really is).

How can you even see that? The images are tiny.

Idefix

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2012

megamacs is a reputable company, has been in business for a long time.

the reason it's cheap is that it's the previous version (A instead of B) and maybe because of overstock.

I ordered one because I saw it on dealmac.com, will let you know when I get it...

pgiguere1

macrumors 68020
May 28, 2009
Montreal, Canada

Idefix

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2012
News flash: Best Buy is selling a refurbished Apple Bluetooth Keyboard for $30 with free shipping.

Best Buy's standard return policy applies.

kensic

macrumors 6502
Jan 11, 2013
I'm looking for a mac compatible keyboard with that pretty stainless steel design - yet not ready to pay $69 for one - any suggestions? (Preferably one with wireless USB connection, if not.. i guess bluetooth is my option)

look at near by best buy stores for open box apple keyboards. it shows 40$ for an open box item near me (aluminum wireless blutooth), and they have 10% of on open box item...brings it down to 36$+tax.

thats pretty cheap, i think this is what you're looking for. don't think it can get cheaper then that for aluminum build and its from apple. pretty much solves your need.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.