Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Sep 25, 2013, 08:03 PM   #1
meeks
macrumors regular

Exchange 5S for a different color?

I got my Silver 5S this evening and I really don't care for the color. I think I want the Grey. I called my local Apple Store and explained the phone was perfect I just wasn't crazy about the color and asked if I could swap it. The guy on the phone told me I had to return the phone I had and order the color I wanted from Apple's site. Does this sound right to you guys? I swear I had 14/30 days to return/exchange the phone.
ThunderBolt Display & TV
meeks is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2013, 08:04 PM   #2
ronaldcastillo
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by meeks View Post
I got my Silver 5S this evening and I really don't care for the color. I think I want the Grey. I called my local Apple Store and explained the phone was perfect I just wasn't crazy about the color and asked if I could swap it. The guy on the phone told me I had to return the phone I had and order the color I wanted from Apple's site. Does this sound right to you guys? I swear I had 14/30 days to return/exchange the phone.
I believe if you did it through it an upgrade you have 14 days to return/exchange the iPhone. If you bought full price you have 30 days to return the device or exchange it for whatever reason. As long as the Apple Store has them in stock.
ronaldcastillo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2013, 08:11 PM   #3
scottish
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Maybe he said that because they don't have any stock? He appears to have confirmed that you can return it anyway.
scottish is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2013, 08:13 PM   #4
meeks
macrumors regular

It was an upgrade. He said I can return it but I would have to buy the color I wanted online and wait for it. I was under the impression I had a certain amount of time to exchange it if i like considering I bought it from Apple to begin with. I think he just wanted to get me off the phone. I might try again tomorrow morning.
ThunderBolt Display & TV
meeks is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2013, 08:35 PM   #5
ET iPhone Home
macrumors 68020

Quote:
I think he just wanted to get me off the phone. I might try again tomorrow morning.
LOL! I think you're right. I was at the Apple Store waiting for the guy to get off the phone so I can inquire about a Gold 5S.
iPad Air
ET iPhone Home is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone