Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hbksabhi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 30, 2013
got used to it in few days , no strain now ,
actually earlier my primary setup was 40 inch tv with desktop pc ....
so took a while to get adjusted to 13 inch

whtrbt7

macrumors 65816
Jun 8, 2011
I was going to say that you're looking at it wrong. You need to calibrate your eyes to the screen but more importantly, you need to have the screen auto adjust for ambient light. Most eye strain comes from having improper monitor calibration.

Catonow

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2007
USA
I find that text is generally too small, so I make the text larger by clicking the make-text-larger option on my browser. Usually just one click makes a big difference, makes it much easier to read, I don't have to squint or strain anymore. With Word documents, I view the doc at 125% or 150%.

jdechko

macrumors 601
Jul 1, 2004
For about the first 2 days, I thought the text was too small on my 11" Air, especially when reading in Safari. The solution for me was to change the minimum font size in the Advanced Safari Preferences.

As a general comment, flux is much better when you can approximate the ambient light in the room. If you are using bright white LEDs (which tend to be bluer) or cool-spectrum CFL, the yellow-ness of the screen can be very off-putting. However, if you have warmer-spectrum lighting (incandescent, halogen, tungsten, warm-spectrum CFL) or complete darkness, the effect is much better. Even still, it does take some getting used to, but I think it helps a lot.

steamengine

macrumors newbie
Aug 26, 2013
i had one air that had a samsung screen. had to return it because of other issues, but the screen hurt my eyes. my hunch is that the color saturation was possibly too intense.

it got replaced with an LG. no problems with the LG in comparison.

mortenandersen

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2011
Norway
Contributions like these...

beautifulcoder wrote back i August: “[…] Now all PC screens look like unimaginative pieces of crap compared to this.” And in the beginning of September he wrote: “[…] Wretched Windows in particular has problems rendering big beautiful fonts.”

"Contrubutions" such as these contribute only to disclose one's hate against Windows, and don't come close to being valuable for the other posters and readers of the thread.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.