Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion

Old Feb 6, 2013, 02:03 PM   #51
DerekRod
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by mono1980 View Post
I love my Mophie for the 4S. It let's me not worry about battery life at all during long days of travel. It's fantastic. And if I want to feel stylish, I can just remove the case and go naked for awhile. I haven' t had any trouble with the micro-usb port either and I've had it over a year. The only annoying this is the LEDs that blink while charging at night.
Apparently the LED's dont blink anymore unless you press the button now which is a welcome improvement
DerekRod is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2013, 02:06 PM   #52
STiNG Operation
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by notewar View Post
if you dont mind can you Pm the discount code? I might get one. THank
The discount code(s) don't work for the mophie helium as far as I know. He would be talking about the "KEEP15" code for 15% most likely.
Old Feb 6, 2013, 02:23 PM   #53
ratsg
macrumors regular

I had to read your comment a couple of times.

the first time through, I read this as "I have replaced my Apple Genius with a burrito."

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1080p View Post
But I have already replaced it with Genius. No bueno.
ratsg is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2013, 05:50 PM   #54
Yumbo
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepsplace View Post
Full price including sales tax and shipping. Better off waiting till it his the apple store, at least you'll get itune rewards!!
What rewards?
Yumbo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2013, 06:27 PM   #55
CrAkD
macrumors 68030

i see that there is going to be an air and pro as well. im fine with ordering the helium. I had the air and plus for my 4 and 4S and didn't see much of a difference. with the iphone 5 being so thin id rather a thinner battery case.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 07:48 AM   #56
mixel
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to mixel Send a message via MSN to mixel Send a message via Yahoo to mixel
Quote:
Originally Posted by mono1980 View Post
I love my Mophie for the 4S. It let's me not worry about battery life at all during long days of travel. It's fantastic. And if I want to feel stylish, I can just remove the case and go naked for awhile. I haven' t had any trouble with the micro-usb port either and I've had it over a year. The only annoying this is the LEDs that blink while charging at night.
Haha yeah the light is pretty intense. Once my eyes have adjusted my mophie works well as a nightlight.
mixel is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 02:22 PM   #57
tfigs
macrumors newbie

Mophie not honoring rebate codes - Reply from customer support

I emailed customer support about being issued a rebate code after signing up for the mailing list and then how the rebate code will not work with the purchase of the new Helium case. Here is their response.

"I completely understand your point of view and understand. This was per the CEO of the company. For what reason, we do not know why. I would suggest saving the coupon code for a later purchase. Again, I apologize for any inconvenience."

So, the decision came from the top. I will try and contact the CEO and voice my concerns about the rebate code not being honored with the Helium case.
tfigs is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 25, 2013, 12:45 PM   #58
snowcrash
macrumors regular

Got mine this weekend. I know they just announced the air but really don't need 100% more each and every day. 80% plus a smaller size was perfect for my needs. Honestly I'd be happy with getting an extra 20-50% more on my average days and for travel days 80% is perfect!!

Lets me move up my brightness a little, not worrying about anything like wifi or Bluetooth or notifications or apps draining it and so on. Peace of mind really. Also helps because when I'm home I'm lazy and drain it down to 5% because the damn charging cable is so damn short and hate being tethered to the wall.

I've had Mophie cases before and they make a great product. This one is just as good as any of them I've had in the past. Like the size, feel and the darker one is pretty slick looking too. I think the size is great. Still pocketable. Having the extra battery life is awesome.

As far as syncing it using the lightening accessories, I have a Mini Countryman with a Ycable with lightening adapter on it, it is so easy to remove the bottom while leaving the top part of the case on it doesn't bug me at all. So for those times I want to listen to a podcast or music off the phone in the car, i just remove the bottom. Pretty simple and takes 2 seconds. Everything else I have/need can be done via Bluetooth, wifi and airplay so for me the access to the lightening port is a moot point.
snowcrash is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2013, 08:20 AM   #59
Primejimbo
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowcrash View Post
Got mine this weekend. I know they just announced the air but really don't need 100% more each and every day. 80% plus a smaller size was perfect for my needs. Honestly I'd be happy with getting an extra 20-50% more on my average days and for travel days 80% is perfect!!

Lets me move up my brightness a little, not worrying about anything like wifi or Bluetooth or notifications or apps draining it and so on. Peace of mind really. Also helps because when I'm home I'm lazy and drain it down to 5% because the damn charging cable is so damn short and hate being tethered to the wall.

I've had Mophie cases before and they make a great product. This one is just as good as any of them I've had in the past. Like the size, feel and the darker one is pretty slick looking too. I think the size is great. Still pocketable. Having the extra battery life is awesome.

As far as syncing it using the lightening accessories, I have a Mini Countryman with a Ycable with lightening adapter on it, it is so easy to remove the bottom while leaving the top part of the case on it doesn't bug me at all. So for those times I want to listen to a podcast or music off the phone in the car, i just remove the bottom. Pretty simple and takes 2 seconds. Everything else I have/need can be done via Bluetooth, wifi and airplay so for me the access to the lightening port is a moot point.
Do you have to remove the case every time you charge it or can you use the USB to charge the iPhone and the case at the same time?
Primejimbo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2013, 08:48 AM   #60
axPoindexter
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primejimbo View Post
Do you have to remove the case every time you charge it or can you use the USB to charge the iPhone and the case at the same time?
The supplied USB charges the iPhone and Mophie at the same time.

And I'll second snowcrash's statement on the peace of mind part. That's the real value. I got mine last week and did 3 back to back days on the ski slopes running:
  1. SkiTracks (GPS tracking app)
  2. Spotify (streaming music)
  3. iMessage
  4. Find My Friends
  5. Email (keep in touch with work)
  6. IMO (instant chat to keep in touch with work)

The iPhone 5 battery could only handle this load for about 3 hours before being around 10% battery left. I'd have to quit apps and watch my phone before getting the Mophie. Now I leave everything running and still have over half the battery life before my legs can't handle another run.
axPoindexter is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2013, 08:57 AM   #61
Primejimbo
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by axPoindexter View Post
The supplied USB charges the iPhone and Mophie at the same time.

And I'll second snowcrash's statement on the peace of mind part. That's the real value. I got mine last week and did 3 back to back days on the ski slopes running:
  1. SkiTracks (GPS tracking app)
  2. Spotify (streaming music)
  3. iMessage
  4. Find My Friends
  5. Email (keep in touch with work)
  6. IMO (instant chat to keep in touch with work)

The iPhone 5 battery could only handle this load for about 3 hours before being around 10% battery left. I'd have to quit apps and watch my phone before getting the Mophie. Now I leave everything running and still have over half the battery life before my legs can't handle another run.
Thanks!!!! I thinking about doing this because I work outside all day long and I have to be careful about battery life to make sure I have enough. I don't like car chargers because was always told that isn't good for the phone battery.
Primejimbo is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion