Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jamesjingyi

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2011
UK
I'm not going to argue or anything here because it'll just cause a row and I don't want that. Yes, Apple has changed since Jobs left. Yes improvements in the iPhone and post pc devices has been little and overpriced but hasn't tech like this come to a standstill anyway? Take the Samsung Galaxy S4. Faster processor, slightly bigger screen, thinner and a few OS tweaks.... Haven't I heard this before somewhere? Even other phones are like this, little gimmicky upgrades and Apple is trying to keep on top of this. The average consumer doesn't care about having 8 cores in their phone, they just want it to be snappy and fast, to work, to be aesthetically pleasing, easy to use and most of all be impressive - and that's what the iPhone is. It may not be as good as or as fast as other phones and yes the price might be high but that's Apple. The high price makes it a desired product and makes people want to buy it even more. Owners of Apple products love their products, its not just another laptop it's their new MacBook.

Oh and about windows 8. Yes it may run on your 2007 laptop, but is it designed for it? No. It is designed for the touchscreen and let me tell you, it is almost unusable without one. I have a 2006 BlackBook running Lion and it has never let me down since it was bought apart from when the HDD failed a few months back. I took it into an Apple store and they said that it was just wear and tear and I accepted that. But then they also replaced the keyboard. A device almost 7 years old and they sill fixed it. That's why I buy Apple. They replace 2006 iPod nanos for goodness sake where other companies would have just been like oh they're too old and left it. No. They have morals and that is why I would like to work for them when I am older. I believe in their philosophy. And if that shifts (as it seems to be now with only $$ in mind), I will try to right that and innovate and put it back where it should be.

Thank you!

:apple:

Oh whoops I argued..... :p

31 Flavas

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2011
The other day I went to Walgreens and there was a line of about 20 people, when I came out from the store there was a bunch of people still standing at the Redbox waiting to get movies. You tell them that the DVD-ROM drive is old and obsolete and that internet is the only way to go.
Uh... What's really the difference between today and 1998 when Apple murdered the 3.5" floppy disk drive and kicked the serial and parallel connectors to the gutter and only provided USB?

What am I talking about, both were disastrous decisions that destroyed consumer interest and the marketability of iMac. Jobs was fired as result and both had to be reintroduced just to keep the brand afloat.

DVD players for your TV and USB dvd drives are a dime a dozen get one if you need one.

makaveli559m

macrumors 6502
Apr 30, 2012
Uh... What's really the difference between today and 1998 when Apple murdered the 3.5" floppy disk drive and kicked the serial and parallel connectors to the gutter and only provided USB?

What am I talking about, both were disastrous decisions that destroyed consumer interest and the marketability of iMac. Jobs was fired as result and both had to be reintroduced just to keep the brand afloat.

DVD players for your TV and USB dvd drives are a dime a dozen get one if you need one.

Yeah I didn't want a non sense reply, external devices aren't as good as internal please no more replies like this, think before you post up with replies using external usb devices as internal replacements. Your suppose to convince people to stick with Apple right? You are not doing a good job at it just stick with your day job.

31 Flavas

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2011
Yeah I didn't want a non sense reply, external devices aren't as good as internal please no more replies like this
It's an honest question. In 1998 there was a collective gasp -- "Floppies are absolutely necessary! You can't remove the floppy drive from a computer!" How is Apple doing the same thing, but with optical disk drives any different this time? It wasn't true then. It isn't true now. The iPads (mini or not), iPhone, the new iMacs, rMBP, and MacBook Air are -quite- popular.

I'm just saying that optical disk drives are legacy products and the world is moving on.

APlotdevice

macrumors 68040
Sep 3, 2011
There's a big difference between a 7.9" 4x3 display and a 7" 16x9 display. I don't know why they didn't just call it an 8" display.

In the world we live in today, I wouldn't be surprised if someone tried to sue them for the missing tenth of an inch.

----------

Because that would be false advertising.

It was actually common for display sizes to be rounded to the nearest inch on all but the smallest screens until quite recently.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.