Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kevinfulton.ca

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 29, 2011
Hello peoples! I've had Snapseed on my iPad for a while, but I haven't messed around much with the RAW side of things. I've mostly shot JPEG+RAW so that I could use iPhoto iOS. I really want to shoot JUST RAW so that it sinks back to my Mac through Photostream (Photostream will only grab the JPEG from the JPEG+RAW files, but regular RAW files get synced in full). Snapseed claims to support RAW, but the issue I'm having is the same that you'd get with iPhoto iOS, it only grabs the embedded JPEG preview. Has anybody else had the same issue? I'm wondering if by "RAW support" they actually mean "you can view the RAW file, but editing is limited to the embedded JPEG", which would be the same as iPhoto iOS and many other iPad photo editors.

Nik Software is helping me out on this one (awesome service btw), but I thought I'd get some feed back from other users while they're doing their thing. Thanks very much for any help!

crookesm

macrumors newbie
Jul 22, 2002
New York, New York
Did you get anywhere with this? What do you mean by "grabs the embedded JPEG preview"? I've been using Snapseed to process RAW files for some time now with out issue...except one. Nikon RAW files, .NEF, seem to be processed OK however Canon RAW files, .CR2, always seem to be downsized to 1536x1024 before processing. It is driving me insane!

salacious

macrumors 6502a
May 15, 2011
you have to enable location settings for Snapseed in order to use the IOS RAW engine, ...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.