Have I done the right thing? (Just bought 2011 model) - Page 2 - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Old Nov 29, 2012, 11:38 AM   #26
Chuckstones
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh28 View Post
I wasn't singling you out, just in general. The people that bash because they don't want to spend the extra cash, IMO are just pathetic. Let people spend the money that they work hard for the way that they want.

Simple as that. (BTW can't wait to order my 27" tomorrow )
Good luck with your 27" tomorrow and I hope you are very happy with it!

But just to clarify. If you read my link the price I am paying for the 2011 model,I could have ordered the base 2012 for exactly the same price!
So. It isn't a case of spending extra cash it's a spec decision!!
Chuckstones is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 11:45 AM   #27
Fresh28
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckstones View Post
Good luck with your 27" tomorrow and I hope you are very happy with it!

But just to clarify. If you read my link the price I am paying for the 2011 model,I could have ordered the base 2012 for exactly the same price!
So. It isn't a case of spending extra cash it's a spec decision!!
The post was not aimed at you, just the whiney babies trolling around.
Fresh28 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 04:54 AM   #28
Chuckstones
macrumors regular

Well today. There was a big turnaround regarding this situation!!

For the 3rd time within 6 weeks I was let down by VERY. my order for the the 2011 imac was showing the latest delivery date as being today (3rd dec). So having just spoke to customer services for the umpteenth time on the phone. I was informed that they were still awaiting stock!!
I was furious to say the least. They never even had them even though they were advertised as being in stock and 3 day delivery!

Anyway. To cut a long story short. As I have mentioned previously the only way I could afford one was 0% (for a short time anyway. Can pay it off after Xmas)
I took the plunge and ordered the base 21.5 directly from apple plus the trackpad which I wanted instead of mouse for no extra charge.
It was a totally painless and easy experience and the apple representative asked me what I would be doing with the imac. He replied that the base model would be fine for my needs and was most helpful. Also if I wasn't happy. Even though I may have used it i could cancel and return no questions asked up until January!!
I really did want the 2011 model. But at the end of the day the specs will suit my needs and can always buy an optical drive at a later day!
And I really would never have used the included 'office for mac'. (Which bumped the price up).

I know I have had a lot of comments regarding this issue. But could someone please say I have done the right thing!!
Chuckstones is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 04:58 AM   #29
beerglass007
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckstones View Post
Well today. There was a big turnaround regarding this situation!!

For the 3rd time within 6 weeks I was let down by VERY. my order for the the 2011 imac was showing the latest delivery date as being today (3rd dec). So having just spoke to customer services for the umpteenth time on the phone. I was informed that they were still awaiting stock!!
I was furious to say the least. They never even had them even though they were advertised as being in stock and 3 day delivery!

Anyway. To cut a long story short. As I have mentioned previously the only way I could afford one was 0% (for a short time anyway. Can pay it off after Xmas)
I took the plunge and ordered the base 21.5 directly from apple plus the trackpad which I wanted instead of mouse for no extra charge.
It was a totally painless and easy experience and the apple representative asked me what I would be doing with the imac. He replied that the base model would be fine for my needs and was most helpful. Also if I wasn't happy. Even though I may have used it i could cancel and return no questions asked up until January!!
I really did want the 2011 model. But at the end of the day the specs will suit my needs and can always buy an optical drive at a later day!
And I really would never have used the included 'office for mac'. (Which bumped the price up).

I know I have had a lot of comments regarding this issue. But could someone please say I have done the right thing!!
NO

I just sold my iMac 2011 for 600

8GB,512 VRAM card

The new standard model 2012 is a 5400RPM and double that of a iMac 2011

I would have brought a refurb or BTO the 21.5"

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac