Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kevpan815

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 7, 2013
Algonquin, IL U.S.A.
Recently switched from Verizon's Apple IPhone 5 to Sprint's Apple IPhone 5, and was very surprised to see that Sprint already has 4G LTE in Zip Code 60102 in the U.S.A. considering the fact that I am about 50 Miles NW of Chicago City Limits. Lots of people are complaining (on Sprint's Forums) that they do not yet have 4G LTE with their IPhone 5's and that the Backwards Compatible 3G on their IPhone 5's are not working as well.

wxman2003

Suspended
Apr 12, 2011
I'll stick with Verizon with their large LTE network and unlocked iPhone 5, neither of which Sprint has.

wordoflife

macrumors 604
Jul 6, 2009
If the guy gets good LTE service where HE will primarily be using the device, that is all that matters.

kevpan815

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 7, 2013
Algonquin, IL U.S.A.
Yes I am getting a very strong LTE signal where I live and I now have my Unlimited Data Package back again, Verizon had started Slowing Down my Unlimited Data Package with them due to the fact that I was using too much of it, and they told me I would have to switch to one of their Shared Data Packages if I wanted Full Speed 4G LTE back again, so I switched, Big Mistake, Big Overages, so I walked away from them and switched to Sprint's IPhone 5.

kevpan815

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 7, 2013
Algonquin, IL U.S.A.
Yesterday I traveled to Zip Code 60172 and lost 4G LTE there even though it's closer to Chicago than where I live in Zip Code 60102. I also lost LTE while traveling through some Forest Preserves near Zip Code 60169. The reason why I might have such a Great 4G LTE Signal at home is that there is a Cell Phone Tower very close by in Zip Code 60156.

tvith

macrumors member
Nov 1, 2012
Some places in NY has received Sprint LTE. I know zip 10701 has it for sure, and they're speed is pretty close to what Verizon gets at that zip. Didn't think Spring would roll it out here so soon. Had I know, I would have switched to Sprint. Damn, lol.

BrokeTechLover

macrumors regular
Jul 4, 2012
If sprint continues to expand their coverage and strengthen it,all while staying true to their "truly unlimited" thing,then AT&T and Verizon will definitely have a serious competitor

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.