Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple is running a Valentine's Day promotion on its online store, drawing attention to its free engraving offer and signature gift-wrapping service. The campaign features the iPad and iPad mini as ideal gifts for the holiday, with the iPod touch and iPod nano also being highlighted.

ipad_ipad_mini_valentine.jpg

Apple has also posted a specific webpage with ordering deadlines to ensure delivery by Valentine's Day. Deadlines for standard shipping range from January 30 to February 5 depending on the product and whether or not it is being engraved.

A red email gift card option is also available for the holiday.

Article Link: Apple Promotes Engraved and Gift-Wrapped iPads as Valentine's Day Gifts

hrishidev

macrumors regular
Dec 3, 2007
Useful gift with personalised message unless you are sketical about relationship then its expensive :)

notjustjay

macrumors 603
Sep 19, 2003
Canada, eh?
really? did not know that

Actually, now that I've done some checking, it seems it might be possible to return them still under the 14-day return policy. However, it is still the case that engraving an iDevice might lower its resale value later, should you decide to sell.

Battlefield Fan

macrumors 65816
Mar 9, 2008
Having my iPad 3 made with an Apple engraving was the worst Apple purchase that I ever made.

You can't return it and the value is a couple hundred dollars less because of it.

mrgraff

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2010
Albuquerque
Don't forget that if you have to send out your device for any repairs or an AppleCare replacement, your new one won't be engraved anymore and getting it done again isn't free. In fact I don't even think there is way to purchase a new engraving if you wanted to; via Apple anyway.

XboxMySocks

macrumors 68020
Oct 25, 2009
Don't forget that if you have to send out your device for any repairs or an AppleCare replacement, your new one won't be engraved anymore and getting it done again isn't free. In fact I don't even think there is way to purchase a new engraving if you wanted to; via Apple anyway.

Untrue. I had an iPod engraved and it broke. I sent it in and they sent back a new one, engraved.

XboxMySocks

macrumors 68020
Oct 25, 2009
Thanks. I need to go back and complain, then. I had a suspicion but felt there really wasn't anything I could do about it.

You're welcome. I'm kinda surprised that they did this, I haven't heard any grief from others about engravings either so your case would be unique IMO

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.