Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

boynigel

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 19, 2009
i'm running 10.7.5 and am wondering why every time i open up Preview or Text Edit, it opens up every single file that i've recently opened in those apps. in other words, if i open a pic file in Preview it opens up other pics that i've recently viewed. kind of annoying.

bobfitz14

macrumors 65816
Oct 14, 2008
Massachusetts
i'm running 10.7.5 and am wondering why every time i open up Preview or Text Edit, it opens up every single file that i've recently opened in those apps. in other words, if i open a pic file in Preview it opens up other pics that i've recently viewed. kind of annoying.

command+w will close an active Preview window, command+q will just quit the application and all windows will reopen when you restart the application.

mic j

macrumors 68030
Mar 15, 2012
But, the question is, why does it do this? Is there a setting somewhere? Is it built-in and can't be changed?

It does it for me too and like the OP I find it annoying and would like to stop it from doing it, not just close the window.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.