Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

frnak

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 21, 2007
I've installed Bootcamp on my Macbook Pro mid 2009 with the 9400M graphic card. I've noticed a pattern, in which if I boot into Windows and start playing a game roughly 10 minutes after booting, it would take 20-30 minutes for any game to reach a stable frame rate (40-60 fps), during those 20 minutes however, it would lag to 15 fps, and even 2 fps. But after that, all games run incredibly smooth, and never dips under 30 fps usually.

I've been having this weird issue for a long time, and I haven't found any good resources/answers online as to why this is happening. I've only found people who have had lags consistently. If anyone has a slightly technical answer/solution to this, it would be much appreciated =)

E.g. If anyone cares, the games are League of Legends and Starcraft II, both on lowest graphical settings.

doh123

macrumors 65816
Dec 28, 2009
maybe some software you have installed thats doing something using up a lot of resources when the machine first boots? Security software.. antivirus... drive indexing.. or who knows what...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.