Old Dec 22, 2012, 09:06 PM   #26
jkautosports
macrumors regular

Mine arrived in perfect condition
jkautosports is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2012, 09:10 PM   #27
Puevlo
macrumors 6502a

Having been in an Apple store on more than one ocassion I can promise you these imperfections are done on purpose. Geniuses are likely given confidentially handbooks describing where to locate these defects so they can deny legitimate warranty claims by saying you physically damaged your mac.
Puevlo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2012, 09:27 PM   #28
jkautosports
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puevlo View Post
Having been in an Apple store on more than one ocassion I can promise you these imperfections are done on purpose. Geniuses are likely given confidentially handbooks describing where to locate these defects so they can deny legitimate warranty claims by saying you physically damaged your mac.
Because my experience with Apple has been the complete opposite of what you described, I'd have to say you're wrong.
jkautosports is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2012, 06:27 AM   #29
DannySP
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by boto View Post
If you plan to exchange it than you have until January 7th, but expect a replacement coming mid-January or by the end of January. I requested a replacement the initial day (12/17) I received it for cosmetic marks and I was told January is when the new one will arrive. You might have to wait 2-3 weeks from the day you return it before your new one arrives. So if you can go without the machine in a few weeks than by no means go right ahead and replace, I personally would if it's in front.
What do you mean "cosmetic marks"??

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by aneftp View Post
Apple rep and I have it documented told me I could keep current iMac that's got a couple of marks until new one arrives. He said to it ignore the 14 day USPS mailing label.

When I get replacement iMac than I could ship iMac with marks back to apple.

No way would I wait another 4-5 weeks for another iMac.
But anyway you have to do a backup because you won't have both at the same time, right??
DannySP is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2012, 06:54 AM   #30
obsoletepower
macrumors regular

I don't understand this indifference when it comes to products YOU pay for with YOUR money.....What about when it comes time to sell it for a new machine? Guess what, that imperfection will drastically lower its value because the person buying it will not care whether you caused it or whether it came like that from the factory. They will expect a lower price, that's how it works. Apple will do an advance exchange which means you keep the machine until the new one arrives so there is little you have to do except make a bloody phone call. Don't just sit back and accept crap, you have to be a little ore proactive in your lives. Some of you frighten me with your ridiculous complacency, no wonder the world is the way it is.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 07:06 AM   #31
Rogifan
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsoletepower View Post
I don't understand this indifference when it comes to products YOU pay for with YOUR money.....What about when it comes time to sell it for a new machine? Guess what, that imperfection will drastically lower its value because the person buying it will not care whether you caused it or whether it came like that from the factory. They will expect a lower price, that's how it works. Apple will do an advance exchange which means you keep the machine until the new one arrives so there is little you have to do except make a bloody phone call. Don't just sit back and accept crap, you have to be a little ore proactive in your lives. Some of you frighten me with your ridiculous complacency, no wonder the world is the way it is.
I have the tiniest imperfection on my iPad 3 that I didn't notice until several months after I bought the device. It's a tiny little nick near the 30-pin connector. No one would notice it unless I pointed it out and other than that the device is flawless and works perfectly. I'm sorry but I don't think I'm accepting crap by not exchanging it for a different device. But I'm sure if I posted a zoomed in photo here I'd have plenty of people here telling me its unacceptable and I should've gotten it replaced.
Old Dec 23, 2012, 07:22 AM   #32
rpe33
macrumors member

Honestly, this is a question only you can answer. If it bothers you then replace it. Personally, as long as it has no effect on the screen or performance, this wouldn't really bother me. But that's me.

If you're unhappy with the product you bought, then get it replaced.
rpe33 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2012, 07:53 AM   #33
obsoletepower
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post
I have the tiniest imperfection on my iPad 3 that I didn't notice until several months after I bought the device. It's a tiny little nick near the 30-pin connector. No one would notice it unless I pointed it out and other than that the device is flawless and works perfectly. I'm sorry but I don't think I'm accepting crap by not exchanging it for a different device. But I'm sure if I posted a zoomed in photo here I'd have plenty of people here telling me its unacceptable and I should've gotten it replaced.
That is different. First of all, after several months you are way past your 14 day return policy and second, if the nick is so small that it took several months to notice, it is insignificant enough for it to not even matter. When you have a dent that is clearly visible then what I posted above makes sense.
If you can continue using the product until the new one arrives, what is the problem?
Old Dec 23, 2012, 08:17 AM   #34
MojoRisinSD
macrumors member

I noticed a 4 inch scratch on the glass of my 27" 2 days after I got it. Apple is sending me a replacement... I get to keep my current one until the new one gets here.
Can't really see it during normal use, but it bothers me to no end that it is scratched and I'm not the one who scratched it.
MojoRisinSD is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2012, 08:54 AM   #35
auwkeung
macrumors member

If I were you...as it's situated in the front, readily noticeable, I would get it replaced
auwkeung is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2012, 09:13 AM   #36
janisar
macrumors newbie

If it bothers you, get it replaced. I would and already did it with my day 1 iPad 2 and 3.
If you buy a brand new car, you wouldn't accept a dent or scratch too. The flawless design and construction of Apple products is one of the reasons why we prefer them, so you shouldn't accept something imperfect.
janisar is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2012, 10:32 AM   #37
DannySP
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MojoRisinSD View Post
I noticed a 4 inch scratch on the glass of my 27" 2 days after I got it. Apple is sending me a replacement... I get to keep my current one until the new one gets here.
Can't really see it during normal use, but it bothers me to no end that it is scratched and I'm not the one who scratched it.
If it's on the black frame it could be glue, mine came with a few hairlines that disappeared after cleaning it.
DannySP is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2012, 02:53 PM   #38
MojoRisinSD
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannySP View Post
If it's on the black frame it could be glue, mine came with a few hairlines that disappeared after cleaning it.
Nope in the display area, doesn't come off... I can feel it with my fingernail too.
MojoRisinSD is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac