Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bongpapst

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 13, 2012
Hi guys,

i am about to buying one of the new 27" imacs (my first imac!)
so i am an student and i rly need to save as much money as i can. I wanna buy the imac over the "apple on campus" website, where i can save about 200€ over the normal price. but is there maybe an other way, how i can save some money? maybe order via telefone and get some %? (like Dell)
Thx for ur hints and sorry for my bad english ;)

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
No, apple does not generally off much in terms of discounts. Edu discounts are as good as they get.

MacCruiZe

macrumors member
Dec 13, 2012
not sure how much you are looking to spend, but also know that you get a discount on upgrades from EDU store too- (spend more to save more, i know) but if you want a maxed out machine you will save more than just the base $100 off.

EDIT; 200 euro off sounds pretty good ! Thats about $260 and about the same as the discounts on my maxed out iMac in US edu apple store

Nov 28, 2010
located
You could look at CyberPort.de for cheaper Macs, I got my last two Macs there for 200 € less than Apple wants.
Gravis also offers some cheaper Macs, especially their Apple Care Protection Plan alternative, which I had to use once, successfully, for a logic board replacement on my iBook.

bongpapst

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 13, 2012
Thx for ur answer guys.
Well the normal price here in germany is 2,200€ for my machine, with the education discount i ahve to pay 1934€. Maybe i order it on the telephone, perhaps i get some stuff for free ;)

Nov 28, 2010
located
@ simsalabam
No, ist from the official Apple on Campus webside.

I understand, I was just asking, if it is that Mac? Maybe specify the specs of the Mac you want, and someone might know another offer, or you just look at the links you have been given.

Seite = site (site is an indication of location, side is an indication of position)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.