Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Reg88

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 8, 2010
Hello All,
I'm THRILLED with my new 15" MBP but the only thing I'm missing is clipboard software. I used to use Clipmate for the PC but there is no Mac version. I've looked at the app store but nothing really jumped out at me.

Any suggestions are much appreciated, and I will pay for an app so commerical is totally fine.

And no, I'm not going to run parallels for only one program -- I bought a Mac to not have to deal with Windows.

Thanks,
R

BraHotDel

macrumors newbie
Jan 7, 2012
Grab

'Grab' comes standard in MacOS. It is similar to Snipping Tool made available to Windows beginning with Vista.

Find 'Grab' by doing a Command-Space to bring up spotlight. Type 'grab'.

And if you are in terminal you can use 'pbcopy'

If in Windows terminal you would issue:

ipconfig /all | clip <-- clip was available in Windows 2003, Vista, 7 and beyond

to pipe the IP stack information to the clipboard to paste in notepad, you can do this in MacOS terminal:

ifconfig | pbcopy

Reg88

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 8, 2010
I looked and grab seems to be for screenshots.

Clipmate is software that keeps a long list of things you've copied and pasted. It's an awesome clipboard management program.

kgs

macrumors regular
Jul 29, 2012
I looked and grab seems to be for screenshots.

Clipmate is software that keeps a long list of things you've copied and pasted. It's an awesome clipboard management program.

I use LaunchBar's clipboard manager.

Control+Option+Command+V pastes the last item and removes it from the list.

I often have to copy and paste a lot of data for customers and this works beautifully for me.

Of course, I use LaunchBar for other things too. But this is one of my favorite features.

http://www.obdev.at/products/launchbar/index.html

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
I use Jumpcut as it's simple and minimal, and free. Only text, though.

iClip is another one, though I'm not a fan of the interface.

PTHPasteboard Pro lets you have networked clipboard across macs, which is neat.

philosopherdog

macrumors 6502a
Dec 29, 2008
Clipmenu is very good. Keyboard Maestro has a very good clipboard with search and multi clipboards. There are a few pretty good ones. If you're a power clipmate user none will be as good. That was the greatest clipboard app ever.

kbran

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2010
PTHPasteboard Pro for former Clipmate users!

I also used Clipmate during my PC days. Been using PTHPasteboard on the Mac for a few years (after trying all the "cutesy" graphic intensive Mac clipboard offerings). Honestly, I just want my clipboard capture app to stay hidden most of the time and be quick and clean when I call on it.... Just lilke Clipmate was. PTHPasteboard does just that and is the best, IMO. Their website is http://www.pth.com.

One small negative is that the developer NEVER acknowledges emails, even when I wrote to compliment him on his program. Probably a typical social-retard geek type... but as long as he keeps supporting PTHPasteboard that's all I really care about.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.