Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mac32

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 20, 2010
This is something that really bugs me. I use Windows 7 in Bootcamp for gaming, and I can't help but wonder what kind of performance we're missing out on because Nvidia can't be bothered to put out a proper driver for the 680MX Geforce card. Has anyone contacted Nvidia about this? Any news about proper 680MX support in Windows?

Thanks!

AndiS.

macrumors regular
Dec 16, 2012
Go to nvidia Website, open your eyes and download the (notebook) driver. :)

The 680MX is still not officially listed, but the performance with the 310.90 drivers is pretty good. Just noticed that there are new beta drivers as well, 313.95, will give them a try later.

----------

This is something that really bugs me. I use Windows 7 in Bootcamp for gaming, and I can't help but wonder what kind of performance we're missing out on because Nvidia can't be bothered to put out a proper driver for the 680MX Geforce card. Has anyone contacted Nvidia about this? Any news about proper 680MX support in Windows?

Thanks!

If you haven't done so yet, the 310.90 drivers work well, but unfortunately I haven't heard or read anything about drivers that officially support the 680MX yet. To be honest, I'm not sure how important it is, since the other drivers work well, but it's weird that Nvidia doesn't even include this GPU on the download website.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.