Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 6

Old Sep 18, 2013, 03:27 AM   #4301
ReanimationN
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikomakhos View Post
So iOS6 and Maps were released a year ago and today we're getting iOS7. A whole year and I still don't see a single improvement in Finland. Even the most outrageous errors are still there.
It's not much better here in Australia. They finally moved a fairly major town north of Sydney out of being in a national park on Apple Maps (in reality, it's located right next to a major freeway), and finally got the labelling and locations of major landmarks like the Opera House right, but other than that, it's still as pathetic as ever.
Old Sep 18, 2013, 04:00 AM   #4302
Daysight
macrumors regular

Apple Maps has been very useful travelling around Canada. Still shows a non-existent land bridge across the entrance to Charlottetown Harbour in PEI, but I don't use Apple Maps for marine navigation.

Last edited by Daysight; Sep 20, 2013 at 04:04 AM.
Daysight is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2013, 10:55 AM   #4303
nikomakhos
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinmike View Post
why are u still using it? most of us have moved to google maps 11 months ago.
I'm not using it. Just checking every now and then if the errors are still there.
nikomakhos is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2013, 03:39 AM   #4304
viewfly
macrumors 6502a

I use Apple maps only. In the states.

I drove to NYC a few weeks ago where my printed Google maps was wrong: highway mislabeled, and directions wrong.

Apple was spot on however.
viewfly is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2013, 11:19 AM   #4305
Idefix
macrumors 6502

I think everyone's used to hearing reports of how bad Maps is internationally, but here's distressing report about how dangerous Maps is in Alaska:

http://www.alaskadispatch.com/articl...irport-taxiway

I imagine someone's gonna chime in on how Alaska is a foreign state? After all, you can see Russia from there?
Idefix is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 25, 2013, 02:14 PM   #4306
firestarter
macrumors Demi-God

I've held back from upgrading my iPad from 5.1.1 for the last year, but with 7.0 out it was something I finally had to do (to keep support of a few apps I use).

I checked the maps app out and it seems OK around my area. I then checked it out for Seoul in South Korea (I'm going there on a trip soon).

I couldn't believe it. Over a year after this app came out, with all the problems associated with it, Apple still hasn't corrected the map in Seoul to show the Han river. A city of almost 11 million people!

Poor!!
firestarter is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 26, 2013, 02:08 AM   #4307
wilsonlaidlaw
macrumors regular

Satellite data still very out of date

With iOS7, I had hoped that the satellite/aerial photo data might be updated. Around our UK house, it is still showing a large Cupressus hedge we cut down over 10 years ago and near my French house it is not showing town bypasses built 6 to 7 years ago. I can only assume they got the data cheap because it was old and are not prepared to spend the money to buy up to date imagery.
Old Sep 27, 2013, 05:11 PM   #4308
Idefix
macrumors 6502

Wow! All the press on the dangerous Maps directions to the Fairbanks airport got some quickish results--but not very helpful from a Map point of view:

http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/wir...abled-20399410

" There's a way to get to the Fairbanks Airport, just don't ask your iPhone for help.

Apple has disabled driving directions to the Fairbanks International Airport after a glitch in its maps app guided drivers to the edge of a runway instead of a terminal, airport spokeswoman Angie Spear said Friday. Two times, drivers continued on and cut across an active runway to reach the terminal.

"I wouldn't describe it necessarily as a fix, they just deactivated the directions," Spear said.

Spear said now, when someone puts in the airport as their final destination, "a message pops up and says, 'Directions not available, direction cannot be found between these locations,'"
Idefix is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 6