Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
Hi there,
I have an Iphone 3gs and I use viber for over a year now
version 3.1.5
I update it every time there is an update for it on the app store
recently I am having an issue with it, when my phone is locked it shows the number of the messages I have received but when I unloc it and go online they dont show anymore its like they have never been there
could someone please help me
thanks

Hi,
Please make sure that this is not a network related issue, by rebooting your phone, the testing Viber in a few different WiFi networks.

If the problem still persists, then we would appreciate if you could take a minute and report the details to our support team using this direct link: http://helpme.viber.com/index.php?/Tickets/Submit/RenderForm/1

When you submit the ticket, in the line called: "Through which channel did you submit your initial inquiry", please make sure to choose "Technical Forum". With this information, our development team will hopefully be able to find the source of the problem, and ultimately resolve it.

Thanks in advance :)

alice04

macrumors regular
Feb 15, 2013
OP, i also experienced this especially when my viber has so many threads already. Just delete all of them and reboot. Sometimes, messages get to appear after 30 secs. Just wait for it

happeeflor

macrumors newbie
Mar 20, 2014
Hi.
I have some issue on my viber just for tonight... I had sent video a while ago on my friend.. and the video he receives was not actually mine and I dont know where it came from.. he forwarded the video back tome, and it is definitely not the video that I've sent to him. Where's the privacy on it? Wheres the video that Ive sent goes?.

hshasani

macrumors newbie
May 12, 2014
not able to send message

Hi

I have viber on my mac book, i can send message to all my contacts except for one of them. Actually, i receive his messages and calls, but the place to type in doesn't exist for that specific number.

could you please help me.
thanks

Nvn

macrumors newbie
Aug 18, 2014
Viber does show messages

I am experiencing similar issue on my Viber.

It seems that I can send message (friends say they receive my messages), but I cannot see the sent message in my chat page.

Also, I can hear the voice of receiving a message, but nothing appears in the chat page.
I am a Viber user from Iran and I am using Viber on Samsung S3.

Can you please help me to solve this?

Viber

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2010
@Nvn: We would like to get more information from you about the issue you described.

Please open a support ticket here: http://bit.ly/1aOwGy2 and, if possible, include a screenshot of you sending a message as well as a screenshot of the chat after the message has been sent. Thanks!

bahram.mhn

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2014
Hi,
Previously i used my brother's apple id to install viber on my iPhone , but now due to some problems with his apple id i want to re- install it with my own apple id and same number as before. will i lose all my messages in viber? is there any way to keep my messages history?

sandepoudel123

macrumors newbie
Dec 13, 2014
not going message and call only one contact

I am using IOS 8.1.1 version of 5s. I got this problem in 12dec 2014 and before that everything is ok.
I am able to receive message and call from all known and unknown and contact list numbers but from last friday i'm not able to send message and call in only one number in my contact list. I don't know what is going on?? I could easily get calls and message from that number but if i replied she doesn't get anything. My status is online and but for her i didn't see anything.
I have tried so many things to fix it by internet forums and this site too but helpless.

Shanbom

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2016
hi, I am using a Android phone. My viber app not popping up the new messages OR calls in standby. Once I open my viber app there are new messages and miscalls are there. please help me to fix

Haseebullah safi

macrumors newbie
Feb 27, 2016
Hi dear viber please help me i am using viber and i have problems when some one want to text me i received there text but when i want to text him he said to i diden't received you text. But i see the delivery but he say to i can't see you text or i dide'nt received you text but i can call him
And we can talk with each other but i don't know why. My Text is not sending to him And also my contact. Also syncing and also i delet my viber to and i instal again. Two times but it not working and i am living in germany hamborg please help me viber and also i am using viber app in iphone 6+
Thank you

Last edited:

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Hi dear viber please help me i am using viber and i have problems when some one want to text me i received there text but when i want to text him he said to i diden't received you text. But i see the delivery but he say to i can't see you text or i dide'nt received you text but i can call him
And we can talk with each other but i don't know why. My Text is not sending to him And also my contact. Also syncing and also i delet my viber to and i instal again. Two times but it not working and i am living in germany hamborg please help me viber and also i am using viber app in iphone 6+
Thank you
Sounds like you might want to contact Viber about it all.

rowannedc

macrumors newbie
Mar 25, 2016
Hello, the first phone I installed Viber on did not sync its messages on other devices (including desktop). However, my phone broke and it had to be restored to factory settings therefore uninstalling Viber. I did not notice that it did not sync until I tried heading back the conversations on these other devices.

I trusted Viber to automatically sync conversations to other devices but it was too late when I noticed that I shouldn't have. Is there any way to retrieve these messages that did not sync from my previously primary phone? Does Viber still "automatically" sync? Messages are still not synced on all my devices.

Thank you very much. BTW, I use Viber over WiFi.

janesnow

macrumors newbie
May 17, 2016
philippines
i have a problem with viber messaging and calling.. im not receiving messages from one particular contact. he is also not receiving my messages as well. he is not blocked. i reinstalled my viber app
thanks[/QUOTE]

fayaznayeb

macrumors newbie
Dec 25, 2016
Hi,
This is an official representative of Viber Media.

Regarding messages issue, this is a known issue which will be resolved shortly.
Make sure that you stay current with our version updates.
It may help to change 'banners' to 'alerts' on Viber's Push Notification settings as a temporary workaround.

Regarding contact list, please check :http://bit.ly/rRtPqk

If you have any additional questions we'll be happy to assist.
Viber Team
[doublepost=1482681809][/doublepost]I have the same problem but on macbook pro. I have installed vibe and works fine with the calls but I don't receive neither I can send messages on my computer.

Biokidfabie

macrumors newbie
Dec 28, 2016
Hi,

It may help to change 'banners' to 'alerts' on Viber's Push Notification settings as a temporary workaround.

Viber Team
[doublepost=1482973945][/doublepost] Hi, i have the same concern. My viber messages appear on the notification screen of my iphone 5 but they don't appear in the messages. It's been two days now. Need help. Would appreciate your immediate response. Thanks.

Bsurban

macrumors newbie
Jan 4, 2017
Hi,

Viber Team
[doublepost=1483570367][/doublepost]I recently updated my Viber App and the message thread is not showing. I changed the notification from banners to alerts as suggested for the work around, but it's still not working.

Mochy

macrumors newbie
Apr 8, 2017
[doublepost=1483570367][/doublepost]
I recently updated my Viber App and the message thread is not showing. I changed the notification from banners to alerts as suggested for the work around, but it's still not working.
[doublepost=1491642863][/doublepost]Hello, my friend can't see any messages in our group chat, but he can see messages when he is in a private chat. He sees that there are new messages in the group chat but when he clicks the notification it doesn't show him the messages. Please help!

eagana

macrumors newbie
May 16, 2017
I have a problem with my Viber account.
It used to work fine for over a year. But for some reason, it now won't let me access my chats. Instead, when I press the chats icon on the lower left side of the screen, i get shown a screen that says "Start your first chat" (with a compose button below a drawing of a girl throwing a paper plane). I tried starting a chat, but even after I finish sending a viber message, I can only go back to this screen.

Last edited:

fridos

macrumors newbie
May 16, 2017
I have a problem with my Viber account. For some reason, it now won't let me access my chats. Instead, when I press the chats icon on the lower left side of the screen, i get shown a screen that says "Start your first chat" (with a compose button below a drawing of a girl throwing a paper plane). I tried starting a chat, but even after I finish sending a viber message, I can only go back to this screen.
I have the exact same problem today! Are we from the same country? <Croatia>

eagana

macrumors newbie
May 16, 2017
I have the exact same problem today! Are we from the same country? <Croatia>
Hi Fritos,
I'm in the Philippines.
Actually, I have viber on both my iPhone and my iPad. This viber bug is on my iPhone and I can still see my viber messages/chats/groups on my iPad...so it's still manageable.
[doublepost=1494937157][/doublepost]Sorry...spellcheck gone wild.
fridos, not Fritos.

fridos

macrumors newbie
May 16, 2017
Hi Fritos,
I'm in the Philippines.
Actually, I have viber on both my iPhone and my iPad. This viber bug is on my iPhone and I can still see my viber messages/chats/groups on my iPad...so it's still manageable.
[doublepost=1494937157][/doublepost]Sorry...spellcheck gone wild.
fridos, not Fritos.
Yeah, we`re not even near :) I have it only on my iPhone. The thing is, when I enter people through my contacts, chat history is still there, but its not visible in "chat cloude", and that freakin girl is popping out like I don`t have any old or new chats. :)) Arrrg! .. I`ve sent an email to Viber support, maybe someone will answer...let you know..:)

PANAEL

macrumors newbie
May 16, 2017
I have exactly the same problem......it shows this strange girl.....i see that i have new messages but i cannot find them as if they just disappeared......from Greece

litalita

macrumors newbie
May 16, 2017
I have exactly the same problem......it shows this strange girl.....i see that i have new messages but i cannot find them as if they just disappeared......from Greece

The same problem here. There is any solution on this?

Asith

macrumors newbie
May 16, 2017
My messages which received through viber dosen'tshowing except group messages
What is the issue

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.