Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

trs0722

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 29, 2011
Newark, DE
Good day everyone. Recently my videos that I export from Lightroom to iPhoto are showing the date as the day I imported them, not the day the video was taken. Pictures are assigned correctly. So for example, if I take 10 pictures and one video on 05/01/13 but don't import them into iPhoto until 05/12/13, the pictures will be assigned to the event 05/01/13 but the videos will be assigned to 05/12/13. The event will then be titled May 01, 2013 - May 12, 2013. I'd like all to fall under the date shot date.

I've attached two screen shots. One so you can see what the event title looks like and the other that shows the two dates under the video's information (two dates shown). Maybe someone can help. I tried to look at import settings for iPhoto but there's not much there under preferences and the iPhoto help came up with nothing that I could find. I also played around with different naming sequences in LR but no luck. I can correct the issue by adjusting the date of the videos in iPhoto but hoping for an easier fix.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-05-12 at 10.35.30 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-05-12 at 10.35.30 AM.png
    6.7 KB · Views: 321
  • Screen Shot 2013-05-12 at 10.24.39 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-05-12 at 10.24.39 AM.png
    59 KB · Views: 418

hafr

macrumors 68030
Sep 21, 2011
Good day everyone.
[...]
Thanks!

I assume the problem doesn't lie within the import, but rather the export. Try exporting a video from Lightroom, then import it to iPhoto a minute or two later. Does the time match the minute it was exported or imported?

In other words, I think you need to look at the export options in Lightroom :)

trs0722

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 29, 2011
Newark, DE
Thanks. I did play around with the export settings in LR....just didn't want to go into detail in the post. I suspect it lies somewhere in the export or more likely the import naming convention b/c it started happening after I experimented and went with a new import setting. On the other hand, my iPhoto library did crash shortly before this issue and I had to rebuild a few months of it. I doubt that had an effect though.

Another point that may help some people: I believe iPhones by default import photos and videos simply as "IMG ####" without a date. I rename them in LR to reflect the shot date, dropped the "IMG", and kept the file # (i.e. 2013-05-12_4234.RAW or JPG/MOV on export). I didn't have much luck the other day going back to the old way (with a different camera) so it's back to the drawing board.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.