Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Krissypantz2828

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 8, 2012
All of a sudden I was on a call and the call was dropped. I tried calling back and it said call failed. I cant even call my service provider *611 it will say call failed. I tried resetting network connections and toggling between airplane mode. I also restarted the phone and took out the sim card and put it back in. Anyone have an idea what might be happening here? I am currently restoring the phone right now but I really doubt that will fix it, just with my luck anyways.

Any ideas??

Beeplance

macrumors 68000
Jul 29, 2012
All of a sudden I was on a call and the call was dropped. I tried calling back and it said call failed. I cant even call my service provider *611 it will say call failed. I tried resetting network connections and toggling between airplane mode. I also restarted the phone and took out the sim card and put it back in. Anyone have an idea what might be happening here? I am currently restoring the phone right now but I really doubt that will fix it, just with my luck anyways.

Any ideas??

First time this happened? If all along it was ok and suddenly this happened, it should be the telco's fault, not your iPhone I think.

Krissypantz2828

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 8, 2012
First time this happened? If all along it was ok and suddenly this happened, it should be the telco's fault, not your iPhone I think.

What is a telcos?? And yes it just suddenly happened. I am going to call my carrier tomorrow and see what they say. I might need a new sim card ,but it doesnt make sense why it would just die like that?

LapsangSouchong

macrumors 65816
Jul 15, 2010
the burrows
What is a telcos?? And yes it just suddenly happened. I am going to call my carrier tomorrow and see what they say. I might need a new sim card ,but it doesnt make sense why it would just die like that?
Telco=carrier

To me? Because you can't even call your carrier, it sounds like hardware. Can you call emergency? (don't do it, but can you?)

ScreamingPsycho

macrumors newbie
May 11, 2009
Rocky Top
Same thing happened to my iPhone 4 yesterday. Just out of the blue said "No Service". Then a few hours later, my fiancee gave me an iPhone 5 for my birthday! So maybe your service provider disabled the sim card because someone got you a new phone for Christmas?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.