Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Darundal

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 5, 2013
So I just got a RMBP and I want to get some Battlefield games. Please post what Battlefield games there are.

marzer

macrumors 65816
Nov 14, 2009
Colorado
I did. What is listed there that would run on an Intel based Mac such as this guy's Retina Macbook Pro which I imagine is running 10.8.x ?

Battlefield 2142 will run natively under OS X. My son still plays that game regularly. Otherwise, any of the Windows games will play on a Mac with Windows installed using Bootcamp.

jeanlain

macrumors 68020
Mar 14, 2009
I guess that's the plan, but given the state of openGL on the Mac, I'm not too optimistic about BF4 looking as good and running as well on OS X. Plus, the job position at DICE is apparently still open, so work on the OS X port may not even have started. OS X openGL engineers are pretty rare I suppose, and not all may want to move to Sweden. You would have to find the right one looking for a job.

Kissaragi

macrumors 68020
Nov 16, 2006
I guess that's the plan, but given the state of openGL on the Mac, I'm not too optimistic about BF4 looking as good and running as well on OS X. Plus, the job position at DICE is apparently still open, so work on the OS X port may not even have started. OS X openGL engineers are pretty rare I suppose, and not all may want to move to Sweden. You would have to find the right one looking for a job.

Ye, id be very surprised if it ran as well on osx as windows. Hopefully it will run well enough tho.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.