Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Feb 27, 2013, 12:38 AM   #151
TheJae
macrumors regular

Send a message via MSN to TheJae
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squilly View Post
How is this Apple's fault?
Apple refused to refund those purchases?
Old Feb 27, 2013, 01:25 AM   #152
flat five
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by jav6454 View Post
So tell me, being able to preblock channels and shows on TVs isn't making it easier? yet parenting groups still moan and cry when shows on the air do something not child friendly... screw logic apparently.

So many things allow parenting to be easy no a days. Don't know where your child is? Find my iPhone.
hmm.. when i was little, the only sort of filtering my dad was responsible for was making sure i didn't find his stash of playboy

there's a lot more accessible content floating around out there and it's coming in from many new directions..

i'm not convinced parenting has become easy these days.. but feel free to try again..
flat five is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2013, 09:47 AM   #153
ncaissie
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio View Post
i will lock my kids outside and they can't come in until they lose a certain amount of calories.

I WILL NOT HAVE FAT KIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

perhaps a book would serve them better
My kids are skinny and the middle one is well built. Not fat but not skinny either. We put them in activities all their lives such as gymnastics, skiing and Soccer. They read books a lot. They also read books on Ereaders and iPads so they are well taken care of. There is no reason they can't play on the PS3, Wii, 360 and iOS devices some times. They also get treats once in a while not every day. Every year we have to throw out most of their Halloween and Easter stuff. We cut back on Easter junk and got them more toys instead but they still love to hunt for the stuff. Saying they canít have enjoyment of games at all is just not right. It's called well rounded.

----------

Thatís not to say there arenít parents out there that do shove their kids in front of the TV all day and feed them junk until they are huge. Look at that stupid Hunny Boo Boo show. My kids think itís funny but I think it sets a very bad example so I made them stop watching it. And all the shows where parents force their kids in talent shows and cover their faces in makeup should be banned.
Old Feb 27, 2013, 01:01 PM   #154
Radio
In Time-Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncaissie View Post
My kids are skinny and the middle one is well built. Not fat but not skinny either. We put them in activities all their lives such as gymnastics, skiing and Soccer. They read books a lot. They also read books on Ereaders and iPads so they are well taken care of. There is no reason they can't play on the PS3, Wii, 360 and iOS devices some times. They also get treats once in a while not every day. Every year we have to throw out most of their Halloween and Easter stuff. We cut back on Easter junk and got them more toys instead but they still love to hunt for the stuff. Saying they canít have enjoyment of games at all is just not right. It's called well rounded.

----------

Thatís not to say there arenít parents out there that do shove their kids in front of the TV all day and feed them junk until they are huge. Look at that stupid Hunny Boo Boo show. My kids think itís funny but I think it sets a very bad example so I made them stop watching it. And all the shows where parents force their kids in talent shows and cover their faces in makeup should be banned.
I like your parenting.

There must be balance
Radio is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 28, 2013, 10:30 AM   #155
ncaissie
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio View Post
I like your parenting.

There must be balance
Thanks
We make sure they don't spend all their time on games and computers.
It's harder with the 11 year old though.
Old Feb 28, 2013, 07:32 PM   #156
Glassed Silver
macrumors 6502

1. Buy console/(gaming purpose) computer from between 1983 and the early 2000's.
2. Get some games for cheap.
3. There's no internet purchases, DLCs or other junk.
4. Enjoy the plethora of actual high quality games of which there were many more to choose from back in the days.

Problem solved.
We need a new game industry crash like in 1983, which brought us the NES for example.

Companies need to get their act together again and work FOR the gamer, not so blatantly obviously for the money.
I know they need to make money, they are companies, but they are also expected to honor their customers and serve them well, not just okayish or even subpar.

If you want good modern games, go with some indie games, there are really great titles out there and yes, there are still good AAA titles, but they are on the decline/milk your wallet like mad/ship incomplete/... (e.g.: Got no PS3? Tough luck if you anticipate Assassin's Creed IV then... 60 minutes exclusive gameplay for the PS3! Hmmm... incomplete games... yummy!)

Glassed Silver:mac
Last login: Sat May 5 22:52:51 on ttys000
Society-System:~ dumbnut$ rm -rf ~/Library/mind.db ~/Library/Frameworks/tolerance
~/Library/Frameworks/commonsense ~/integrity ~/individuality
Glassed Silver is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion