Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alexstrider18

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
limerick city , Ireland
hi ,.im trying to find the speseficasions of ,. the READ/WRITE date on ,. a 512GB macbook pro retina display ,. at the mo ,.i only have Screen Shot 2012-12-13 at 12.03.46.png
from ,. this ,. Screen Shot 2012-12-13 at 12.03.28.png ,. also ,.if i wanted to erase the free space on my SSD ,. ! or the whole disk for that matter ,. i cant ,. ! Screen Shot 2012-12-13 at 12.04.05.png ,. any advise on this would be great ,.

alexstrider18

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
limerick city , Ireland
data

By read write specs do you mean? performance? if so try this:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/blackmagic-disk-speed-test/id425264550?mt=12

sorry ,. i didn't make my self clear ,. what im trying to find out ,. is ,. a fresh mac out of the box,. whats the amount of GB that i should have ,. is it the 500.28 GB,. ? which knowing apple i find strange that they leave the .28 there ,. but then in the writable format i only have ,. 499.42GB ,. that i can actually use to store data,. ? and ive got loads of issues with the mac since i got it ,. like a guest account that was never set up and only glitches caused it to appear in my view for an hour or so and then it just went !!,. but long enough for me to deactivate bluetooth and guest access.im locked out of 20 % of ,. my comp and im the administrator ,. and here u see im granted administrator access Screen Shot 2012-12-13 at 12.41.00.png on my own comp ??,. it just seems wrong

alexstrider18

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
limerick city , Ireland
Ssd

You want to disable the guest account?

no,. to be honest ,. i just want to know ,. what is the disk size on the hard drive before any data is put onto it and FRESH out of the box,. ! ,. at the mo ,.on the TOTAL CAPACITY i have 500.28 GB ,. then on the ,.HD,.... CAPACITY i only have 499.48 GB,. ... is all that right ?? if u want to know more about the guest account i can tell you ,.but the short of it is my mac ,. was hacked ,. and i was given ADMINISTRATOR access ,. hoping i would not notice,. ! but im locked out of about 20% of my comp ,. !!

jedib0p

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2006
Canada
Try from the command line (Terminal.app in the /Applications/Utilities folder)

Code:
diskutil list

You lose a small amount of space to the EFI partition.

alexstrider18

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
limerick city , Ireland
done

Screen Shot 2012-12-14 at 20.12.02.png
Try from the command line (Terminal.app in the /Applications/Utilities folder)

Code:
diskutil list

You lose a small amount of space to the EFI partition.

done ,.im going to attach a pic ,.and if u think its ok ,. ill be happy with that ,. there is one disk im not sure about ,. its the 209.7 MB ,. P 1: ??

and didnt i pay for 512GB ??? where is the rest gone ,. ??

alexstrider18

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
limerick city , Ireland
hacked

Tell me more.

ok i will ,. but just seeing this here and its a bit hard to explain and long , and i need to go ,. but in the short version,.
but ,.
They found a fatal flaw in the apple system for people that dont know about the working of the system ,. like the chin ease dolls ,. one in one in one in one ,. and so on , i think im operating inside a 600MB partition ,. !! and been givin 80% access to the comp apart from ,. vital components ,. like disk erase ,. mail settings ,. and more ,. HELP being one is ,. an area that im locked out of ,.!! i cant up load vids to u tube through iMovie !!,. ,.
My system certs are ,. in the wrong order ,. so im diverted through ananonamous server before i touch the net ,. and then there on everything i do ,. its ,. easy to see when u look ,.for the signs i have mountain lion ,. but because im behind the main partition ,. !! its reading ,. DOWNLOAD ,. like it would if u have bought it on ur main comp and then install it on a second comp,.!! ,. and more ,. loads of more probs ,. because of it ,. i can share vids ,pics ,. and show all the areas that im restricted from on my own comp ,.
i was on to apple but im not quite ready to say what i know is the case ,. in fear of being tagged a looper on there fils ,. !! but i did go to the guards and they have tod me i need a professional to look at the probs ,confirm ,. them and then they can take in the comp ,. so i have .. a company here in Dublin to look at it in the next few weeks ,. and see how ,. i get on ,. but id love ,. confirmation ,. be4 dealing with there tecks,. !

on one of the pics from the first 3 i uploaded ,. if u look at disk erase ,. the options are blank ,. i cant do it ,. !! ,. im locked out ,. i cant reinstall ,. NOTHING !! well like i said ,. i can prove all of it ,.with vids and pics ,. ,. heres one ,. they can connect to my blurtooth ,. on my phone in my pocket ,. while the mac is in a bag on my back ,. and ,. im sure use all its GPS internet ,. everything ,. ,. i found my blue bar on my phone connected ,. 3/4 times now and once even when i turned bluethooth on the comp off ,. .!!! scary stuff ,. like 4 the life of me ,. i dont know how that can ,. happen ,. ,. like them ,. sending a signal to the comp in the first place to make the connection ,. ! if there not on the network ,. and it might be the comp its self ,. there are loads of faults because of what they have done ,. !! you might know better then me ,. i am only using comps less then 2 years totally,. so im more then a nube

Chancer

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2012
You can't erase your main partition while running the operating system. I don't see anything wrong with you computer...

alexstrider18

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
limerick city , Ireland
You can't erase your main partition while running the operating system. I don't see anything wrong with you computer...

im not trying to erase the main partision ,. i was trying to erase the free disk space ,. as the SSD had been reinstalled sooo many time in the last 3 months ,. and i cant ,. then i checked if i could ,erase the disk ,. if i was selling the comp like i did soo many times in the past with replacements ,. and i9 cant dfo that either ,. !!

i cant access the settings in mail ,. im locked out of keychain access ,. and more

charlieegan3

macrumors 68020
Feb 16, 2012
U.K
im not trying to erase the main partision ,. i was trying to erase the free disk space ,. as the SSD had been reinstalled sooo many time in the last 3 months ,. and i cant ,. then i checked if i could ,erase the disk ,. if i was selling the comp like i did soo many times in the past with replacements ,. and i9 cant dfo that either ,. !!

i cant access the settings in mail ,. im locked out of keychain access ,. and more

Go to the Apple store - they'll be able to better understand the problem if any exists.

alexstrider18

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 5, 2011
limerick city , Ireland
apple store support

Go to the Apple store - they'll be able to better understand the problem if any exists.

i have and they are addressing ,.the numerous probs ,. and have agreed to a full brand new replacement RD if it is not repaired properly this time round ,. ,. 3 months old rd ,. and 10 reinstalls and booked for a new logic board ,. and was on the back of the previous quad core 2,7 ghz hi def lap top i had for 8 months ,. replacements = 2 logic boards ,. new SSD ,. resided ,. 7 times ,. reinstalled ,. 30 +times ,. and finally ,. new track pad ,. and screen ,. = the RD ,. that i now have ,. !!!! ,.

charlieegan3

macrumors 68020
Feb 16, 2012
U.K
i have and they are addressing ,.the numerous probs ,. and have agreed to a full brand new replacement RD if it is not repaired properly this time round ,. ,. 3 months old rd ,. and 10 reinstalls and booked for a new logic board ,. and was on the back of the previous quad core 2,7 ghz hi def lap top i had for 8 months ,. replacements = 2 logic boards ,. new SSD ,. resided ,. 7 times ,. reinstalled ,. 30 +times ,. and finally ,. new track pad ,. and screen ,. = the RD ,. that i now have ,. !!!! ,.

The RD? What do you mean by that?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.