Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

milo

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2003
The Mac Pro was his most praised Mac ever.

And how many years ago was that? No question he used to be excited about pro users, pro hardware, and pro apps. But that was ages ago and he totally changed his mind and ended up completely neglecting that part of the market.

m3rih

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2013
As you know, I had some problems after upgrading from mountain lion. However, I installed clean. For 2 days, everything has worked fine. Of course, there are some bugs. But overall, it is usable. I have some questions. If you answer, I really appreciate. Thanks in advance.

1- Some says that battery is improved. But mine is opposite. On mountain lion, it lasted 6-7 hours but on mavericks, it lasts 3-3.5 hours.

2- Did anyone enable trim on mavericks? I wanna try but I am afraid.

P.s Don't install cluster. It makes system unusable.

MrNomNoms

macrumors 65816
Jan 25, 2011
Wellington, New Zealand
As you know, I had some problems after upgrading from mountain lion. However, I installed clean. For 2 days, everything has worked fine. Of course, there are some bugs. But overall, it is usable. I have some questions. If you answer, I really appreciate. Thanks in advance.

1- Some says that battery is improved. But mine is opposite. On mountain lion, it lasted 6-7 hours but on mavericks, it lasts 3-3.5 hours.

2- Did anyone enable trim on mavericks? I wanna try but I am afraid.

P.s Don't install cluster. It makes system unusable.

With the clean install - did you write the InstallESD.dmg to a thumb drive and installed it off that?

Regarding the battery life - have you tried resetting your SMC and PRAM? the time quoted (in the battery drop down menu) is only an estimation based on usage patterns and not an actual real world figure. Far too many think it is an actual number when it is only an estimation that can go up or down depending on what you're doing at the time - the applications being run, what tasks are running etc.

I WAS the one

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2006
Orlando, FL
And how many years ago was that? No question he used to be excited about pro users, pro hardware, and pro apps. But that was ages ago and he totally changed his mind and ended up completely neglecting that part of the market.

When exactly he changed his mind? WHEN????

milo

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2003
Just look at what Apple has released over the years, putting less effort into anything "pro" related started years ago. It's only since Cook took over that they've shifted and started doing anything for pro users again.

zainiak

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2012
I will reiterate my advice not to install it, both because nothing you've said indicates that you know how to do it (or how backups work: you should back up again if you've changed something since the last one and you want one of those changes saved) and because it's probably not stable enough yet for you to use as your primary OS.

I don't know what Apple has done to make normal people excited about operating systems, but they must be doing something right.

sorry to bring back an old post, but most of this is not true with me :D not trying to fight. i was asking because this is my first mac and it hasn't been out long enough for an update yet. also, I've been using mavericks as my primary for over a month now. I would not consider myself normal, just asked a stupid question to seem like i had no idea what i was doing

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.