Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Trimmer2

macrumors member
Original poster
May 19, 2008
I'm having trouble setting up my two Thunderbolt displays with my new retina MBP. It seems when machine goes to sleep or is shut down, the screens swap as primary and/or they completely switch so that pointer has to go the opposite way to get on 2nd screen.

I currently have them both plugged in to laptop. I've played around with daisy chaining and which TB port to use on laptop but, haven't found a solution except to either swap cords and/or rearrange displays in System Settings.

I REALLY had a proble with Parallels but, I seem to have resolved that so I can use both screens in full screen mode. That took a lot of hunting on the internet and changing settings in Parallels.

What is the solution?

gommo

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2012
I have dual thunderbolts on my 2011 MBP and it does this as well. Although it seems to have settled down lately (not sure if an update fixed it?)

Generally though it would revert to having my left monitor on the right etc.. after a full reboot or power up. Coming out of sleep was ok

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.