Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Nov 9, 2012, 12:06 AM   #51
aleni
macrumors 68000

ipad 2 is so blurry that i can't stand a change using it. but the mini is different, pixel density is more dense. much better.
Old Nov 9, 2012, 01:02 PM   #52
MacPod
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awakener View Post
Even so it looks much worse than iPad 2.
You are either lying or miswrote something. The iPad mini's screen is equal or superior to the iPad 2 in every way except for size. The definition is sharper (smaller pixels), and the rest is pretty much the same (IPS, LED backlight, etc.).

Even allowing for personal preferences, poor memory, and such things where somehow you might think the iPad 2's screen is better than the mini's, there's no way to say it's "much worse". Are you thinking of the iPad 3?

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yr Blues View Post
fanatics are a rude bunch nowadays

macrumors used to be civil

too many immature people hiding behind anonymity
Yourself included.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by racoonboy View Post
Are you getting paid by Apple or somthing?

People have their reasons for like or hate things.
And in this case, their reasons are nonsensical. The mini's display isn't bad, it's just not retina-sharp. Somehow we don't bitch about our non-retina computers, and Apple still sells millions of non-retina iOS devices, some of which still have a lower PPI than the iPad mini...

But only on the mini is it somehow the worst thing ever in the whole world. You're right that different strokes for different folks and all that, but the haters are the fanatics in this case, and the guy you question if he is "getting paid by Apple or something" the voice of reason.

No one says you have to like the display, but it's drama queen absurd the way some people are reacting.
MacPod is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 9, 2012, 01:19 PM   #53
Corato
macrumors newbie

I am really surprised how emotional people get over one device versus another. I sold my iPad 2 about 1.5 months ago. My wife has the 3. I went back and forth at the Apple store with the Mini and the 4. I ordered the Mini with LTE. No argument on the technical specs. I will use for mainly mail, RSS reader, web, and some TV/Movie watching on airplanes.

I may wind up returning it for a iPad 4; but the form factor and weight is so tempting I just have to give it a try.

Can you imagine if clothing choices were as limited as tablet devices? Everyone has to pick what works for them; it's great to have more choices. And yes I agree the next gen mini will be retina as that is the maximize income model Apple uses. Profit is a good thing, if you do not believe that read Atlas Shrugged.
Old Nov 9, 2012, 11:16 PM   #54
Awakener
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacPod View Post
You are either lying or miswrote something. The iPad mini's screen is equal or superior to the iPad 2 in every way except for size. The definition is sharper (smaller pixels), and the rest is pretty much the same (IPS, LED backlight, etc.).

Even allowing for personal preferences, poor memory, and such things where somehow you might think the iPad 2's screen is better than the mini's, there's no way to say it's "much worse". Are you thinking of the iPad 3?

If you agree or not I don't care. But that was really uneccessary.

Quote:
And in this case, their reasons are nonsensical. The mini's display isn't bad, it's just not retina-sharp. Somehow we don't bitch about our non-retina computers, and Apple still sells millions of non-retina iOS devices, some of which still have a lower PPI than the iPad mini...

Exactly, no one is complaining because these other devices have better displays. It is real world experience, not paper specs. It's worse.

Last edited by Awakener; Nov 9, 2012 at 11:24 PM.
Awakener is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2012, 02:32 PM   #55
MacPod
macrumors member

Quote:
If you agree or not I don't care. But that was really uneccessary.
What does that even mean? Nothing ever posted in these forums is necessary. You are basically saying people are allowed to agree or disagree with you, but only those that agree with you are allowed to post their opinions?

Quote:
Exactly, no one is complaining because these other devices have better displays. It is real world experience, not paper specs. It's worse.
What are you talking about? There are countless posts here about how Nexus 7 and other tablets having better displays.

And it's not "real world experience" that's being talked about here. Real world experience is people currently use lower resolution displays today without complaints.

Apple even sells a lower res iPad today, in stores, prominently displayed for people to use and buy!

But, somehow, on the mini it is all sorts of negative hyperbole. Real world is truly, nobody gives a ****. The display it has is good, retina would be better. But to read the posts here, you'd think retina is a barely passable minimum, and anything less shoots sand into your eyes.
MacPod is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2012, 02:43 PM   #56
Awakener
macrumors 6502

Quote:
What does that even mean? Nothing ever posted in these forums is necessary. You are basically saying people are allowed to agree or disagree with you, but only those that agree with you are allowed to post their opinions?
Hardly. I'm saying that someone can have an opinion different than yours without being liar.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 02:44 PM   #57
nerdybooboo
macrumors member

Wine and Dine Beanie babies

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrXiro View Post
People just like to whine and moan like babies. Especially on these forums.

nerdybooboo is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2012, 02:55 PM   #58
pooleman
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrxiro View Post
people just like to whine and moan like babies. Especially on these forums.
+1000
Old Nov 11, 2012, 03:01 PM   #59
geek36
macrumors member

nothing wrong with the screen on the mini actually. the build is great, very thin,very responsive and i can read the text to it's smallest size.
geek36 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2012, 03:04 PM   #60
daveathall
macrumors 68000

My friend brought his into work the other day, after reading the posts of woe on here I was expecting a really bad display and experience. Well, thats not what happened, I really liked it, display for me is fine.
daveathall is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2012, 03:20 PM   #61
Buckeyestar
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabingla2810 View Post
I have had every iPad except the 4, and the Mini is BY FAR my favourite.
Same here.
Buckeyestar is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2012, 03:39 PM   #62
iEvolution
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpc12 View Post
It's so annoying to have people compare price with the ****** nexus or kindle.

Those devices cost less because they are less of a product.

You get what you pay for.

Apple will always be a premiere product, you don't like it don't buy it.
LOL riiight. Apple loves fans like you that believe everything they make is the greatest thing since the automobile.

As a owner of a iPad 3, Nexus 7, Motorola Xoom and Kindle Fire the Nexus 7 does hold its own. Both the Fire and the Nexus 7 don't feel like cheap products. They may be made of plastic but its not the same plastic that Samsung uses on their phones, it feels just as solid as the iPad 3 with less weight.

iPad 3 gets used mostly at home but when I go to work I use the Nexus 7 since it:
a) is smaller
b) you are able to customize the keyboard (a huge problem with iPads in my opinion) so I can type quickly and efficiently.

What Apple has done with the iPad Mini is sold less for more.
iEvolution is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2012, 03:43 PM   #63
nfl46
macrumors 68040

Lol @ this thread. I read all of it.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 03:43 PM   #64
BasicGreatGuy
macrumors 6502a

How is book reading on the Mini, compared to the Kindle Fire, for those that have both?
Old Nov 11, 2012, 03:46 PM   #65
AttilaTheHun
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveathall View Post
My friend brought his into work the other day, after reading the posts of woe on here I was expecting a really bad display and experience. Well, thats not what happened, I really liked it, display for me is fine.
my opinyon after useing the ipad 2, 4 and the mini
nothing wrong with the mini screen
the bad programs that look bad on the mini looks bad on the 2 and the 4
those programs where ritten in low resulotion maybe for iphone
AttilaTheHun is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2012, 03:50 PM   #66
rowspaxe
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrkactjob View Post
Having read so much crap about the ipad Mini I was expecting it to be "unusable" "terrible" "awful" .....
The hyperbole is annoying, but couldn't the haters pile on in one or two theads--there must have 10 duplicate threads about how crappy the mini is. In fairness, there have been at least 10 to say its not that bad.
rowspaxe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2012, 05:29 PM   #67
Awakener
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfl46 View Post
Lol @ this thread. I read all of it.
This.^
Old Nov 11, 2012, 06:07 PM   #68
xandable
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabingla2810 View Post
Try and hold your ipad with one hand while reading a book in bed for over an hour... Your arm hurts right?

Now... Do this same with an iPad mini. Better huh?
YES. After I got my iPad mini I literally stopped using my iPad. But I wasn't sure about ditching my Kindle yet. After a few nights reading with the mini, the Kindle has now joined the iPad sulking in the corner.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 06:14 PM   #69
ixodes
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yr Blues View Post
suites you, doesn't suite me

everyone is different, my friend (and i tried it at the apple store twice)

don't tell me to stuff it
I concur.

However, the concept of individuality is often lost or misunderstood in Appleville.

The organizations' dictatorial ways tend to hamper otherwise intelligent human beings ability to think for themselves.

A side effect is a boorish attitude... perfectly normal, if not rather repugnant.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 09:38 PM   #70
MacPod
macrumors member

Quote:
Hardly. I'm saying that someone can have an opinion different than yours without being liar.
Then we are in complete agreement.
MacPod is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2012, 10:37 PM   #71
cclloyd
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlanKA View Post
Yep. It blows my mind how much people bash the Mini when it's really a pretty good device.

I've had a 3 and 2 for together for a while, and often use my 2 just for reading because it's lighter. So I sold the 2 for a Mini.....now I have just as good a screen but TRUE lightness and portability.

Sure, I'll get the retina mini when it's ready. But happy as a clam until then.
What people don't realize is they bash it because there is a higher powered product. The mini is perfect for a certain crowd, otherwise apple wouldn't even release it.
cclloyd is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2012, 06:09 AM   #72
FlashHead
macrumors regular

I think people can't comprehend that some people, myself included will gladly forego the retina screen for the thinnest, lightest device they can make. And if they make a retina that is significantly heavier or thicker I woouldn't want it.
FlashHead is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2012, 07:31 AM   #73
d123
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashHead View Post
I think people can't comprehend that some people, myself included will gladly forego the retina screen for the thinnest, lightest device they can make. And if they make a retina that is significantly heavier or thicker I woouldn't want it.
Exactly my feeling, the whole point of the Mini is the fact it is small, thin and light, yet still easier to use than any other 7" competitor.

Any thicker or heavier and you may as well just use the 9.7 iPad.
d123 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2012, 07:33 AM   #74
Dick Whitman
macrumors regular

Picking mine up from the Apple store today, so excited!
Dick Whitman is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad