Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

baxlobs

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 21, 2012
Suffolk UK
I am afraid this a very noob question, but I cannot find how to do this. I am sure it is very simple, but coming from the Windows environment I cannot find anything that works.

I have a trackpad not a mouse should that be relevant.

Nov 28, 2010
located
Presuming you have Mac OS X 10.7 Lion or OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion, you can resize a window via dragging on every edge of a window, you can enable "Dragging" and "Drag Lock" in System Preferences > Trackpad.
If you have an earlier version of Mac OS X (Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard and earlier), you can only resize via the bottom right edge of a window, but the Trackpad settings stay the same.
You can also drag without Dragging and Drag Lock enabled by pressing down the trackpad and keep it pressed down.

Here is an instructional video for some parts of this, made in Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard, thus no showing off Mac OS X 10.7 Lion or OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion and their capabilities to resize via every edge of a window:

To learn more about Mac OS X: Helpful Information for Any Mac User by GGJstudios

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.