Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bobdude161

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 12, 2006
N'Albany, Indiana
I really hate it when people send me stuff through USPS. When someone ships me something that I bought from eBay through USPS, the only notice I get from my tracking number is that

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper or shipping partner on [date] to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.

That's the only message I get. Refresh or not. It only changes when I receive the package days later saying that I have received the package. WHY??? I am very paranoid with shipping and when USPS doesn't update ANY of it's shipments I start to get ticked off. I swear USPS could be a scammer's best friend when it comes to shipping.

UPS gives me up-to-date "arriving and leaving locations" details. Why can't USPS? :confused: :confused: :confused:

bearbo

macrumors 68000
Jul 20, 2006
because the shipper did not pay for a tracking service. the shipper paid for a so-called delivery confirmation, which is really for the shipper to know whether you have received it or not, it's not for anybody to "track" the package.. does it make sense?

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I really hate it when people send me stuff through USPS. When someone ships me something that I bought from eBay through USPS, the only notice I get from my tracking number is that

That's the only message I get. Refresh or not. It only changes when I receive the package days later saying that I have received the package. WHY??? I am very paranoid with shipping and when USPS doesn't update ANY of it's shipments I start to get ticked off. I swear USPS could be a scammer's best friend when it comes to shipping.

UPS gives me up-to-date "arriving and leaving locations" details. Why can't USPS? :confused: :confused: :confused:

I am underwhelmed by tracking (USPS) of a package ordered through a 3rd party via Amazon, that I am currently waiting on. It's taken well more than the 2-3 business days that were advertised.

Last edited by a moderator:

Demonface

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2012
Jersey/Miami
I am underwhelmed by tracking (USPS) of a package ordered through a 3rd party via Amazon, that I am currently waiting on. It's taken well more than the 2-3 business days that were advertised.

I've purchased an item from eBay and they said 1-3 days and it have yet to arrive and it said that its at the post office a few cities away from me and i dont know why I didnt get it yet.

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
The main difference is that with UPS and FedEx tracking is a free basic service (built into the cost at least). With the USPS it's a premium service which is an extra fee.

And yes, the USPS sucks at delivering packages in a timely manner, even though they contract with FedEx to route packages.

Huntn

macrumors Core
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
The main difference is that with UPS and FedEx tracking is a free basic service (built into the cost at least). With the USPS it's a premium service which is an extra fee.

And yes, the USPS sucks at delivering packages in a timely manner, even though they contract with FedEx to route packages.

USPS also charges more for basic insurance where I believe FedEx and UPS, it's included.

samiwas

macrumors 68000
Aug 26, 2006
Atlanta, GA
USPS also charges more for basic insurance where I believe FedEx and UPS, it's included.

As much as FedEx and UPS charge to deliver a simple envelope or even a moderate package, it should be delivered by a stripper who will give me a lap dance.

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
As much as FedEx and UPS charge to deliver a simple envelope or even a moderate package, it should be delivered by a stripper who will give me a lap dance.
My rule of thumb is, USPS for letters (metered mail), UPS & FedEx for packages.

I've literally had the USPS lose a package their tracking system said was delivered to me. Two calls and three days later it arrived. I avoid them at all costs for packages. That instance was unavoidable (the seller only sends via USPS).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.