Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Burr510

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 20, 2010
Pittsburgh
this was working with no issues... then I noticed today that I'm having an issue with iTunes 11

I have about 50 movies in the cloud through iTunes

currently iTunes only shows me movies that I have downloaded on my Mac

.. it does not show the artwork for movies in the cloud..

I checked the View menu and it does show that they should be visible (it currently asks me if I want to hide movies in the cloud)

all my movies do show in my purchase history...

any ideas what the issue might be?

also, the same thing is happening with my TV shows

----------

I also noticed that the only thing the cloud features are working with is my music.. with iTunes match.

also, when I have music selected there is a cloud icon next to were I selected it..

no such icon shows for movies or tv

oosk2k8

macrumors member
May 25, 2011
hey dude I was having the exact same problem. I found this solution just now from another post on this forum.

iTunes Menu -> Preferences -> Store -> Check the box next to"Show iTunes in the Cloud purchases"

Also, make sure that within iTunes:

View Menu -> "Show/Hide Movies in the Cloud" shows "Hide...." otherwise you won't be able to see the movies in the cloud.

Enjoy :)

Last edited:

zachlegomaniac

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2008
This just worked perfect on my MacBook Pro. My wife and I have family sharing on, however, and I can't get my purchases (as the organizer) to show up as in the cloud in her iTunes on her Mac Mini. Any ideas? Thank you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.