Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac

Old Mar 24, 2014, 07:39 AM   #226
ONEWAY1979
macrumors newbie

Smile great software trackpad++

this trackpad++ make my win7 operate fruitly as osx, i can use 3 figures, 4 figures guesture on my trackpad. osx have very bad compatibility in software, game is poor, so i ought to change my operate system to win7. thanks for this trackpad++, it's help me use my macbook air perfectly in win7. without this, macbook air is really bad for windows operate system.
i wish this software could be better and more function could come in new vision.
ONEWAY1979 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2014, 01:00 PM   #227
Cozz
macrumors newbie

Awesome driver, awesome user support. Vladmir you're the best. I've donated towards Trackpad++ development and encourage others to support your amazing work.
Cozz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2014, 04:56 AM   #228
V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r
macrumors regular

@ONEWAY1979, @Cozz: Thank you very much for all of the feedback, and for supporting the Trackpad++ project!
V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2014, 04:32 PM   #229
DaveNinja
macrumors regular

If i donate to trackpad++ in order to unlock the program, will i still need to re-install powerplan each week? or once trackpad++ is unlocked will i not need to worry about power plan?
Old Apr 5, 2014, 11:15 AM   #230
V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r
macrumors regular

@DaveNinja: Thank you very much for willing to support the project. If you do not need the Power Plan Assistant (for example, you do not care about the keyboard backlight issues in Boot Camp), you can uninstall it. Only the order of the initial installation (PPA -> T++) is important. But if you feel Power Plan Assistant is the useful and enjoyable tool, a separate donation is much appreciated. Thank you.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 09:38 AM   #231
Lourayad
macrumors newbie

Best driver for trackpad

I really advise you guys to get the driver if you're bootcamping scrolling feels natural and 3 fingers dragging on windows is finally possible! haven't had a single problem with it. Keep up the good work Vladimir.
Lourayad is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2014, 05:32 PM   #232
DaveNinja
macrumors regular

trackpad++ is a must have. It makes it way easier to use windows.

what exactly does power plan do? I've only used it for installing trackpad++, i've never looked into the actual application
Old Apr 9, 2014, 09:04 PM   #233
Chip Moody
macrumors newbie

Hi Vladimir,

I got my rMBP last September, and adding TP++ was one of the first things I did after installing BootCamp and Windows 7!

It appears that this week's update from Microsoft has brought the "Test Mode" back. I tried entering the command prompt solution from MS to turn it off, then found that TP++ stopped working.

What is the correct process to turn Test Mode off and retain TP++ these days?

Thanks,
- Chip
Chip Moody is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2014, 02:25 AM   #234
ender7
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Moody View Post
Hi Vladimir,

I got my rMBP last September, and adding TP++ was one of the first things I did after installing BootCamp and Windows 7!

It appears that this week's update from Microsoft has brought the "Test Mode" back. I tried entering the command prompt solution from MS to turn it off, then found that TP++ stopped working.

What is the correct process to turn Test Mode off and retain TP++ these days?

Thanks,
- Chip
Same here.
ender7 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2014, 03:21 AM   #235
V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r
macrumors regular

@Chip Moody, @ender7: Here is a small standalone fix (cooked by me) http://powerplan7.com/Windows_8_81_x...de_Remover.zip (Usage: unzip, run as administrator, reboot). You can use it whenever some Windows update reverts the setting, which may happen only with very major updates, 1-2 times per year.

@DaveNinja: It's an ultimate manual/automatic power plan switcher with a compact yet very informative battery icon replacement option and some Macbook-specific enhancements (like the instant keyboard backlight toggle, wi-fi/bluetooth radio toggles). Here are the 'left-click' and 'right-click' Power Plan Assistant's popup menus (i.e. what you get by clicking its battery percentage icon):
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	h1.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	468017   Click image for larger version

Name:	settings_menu_macbook.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	204.3 KB
ID:	468018  
Old Apr 11, 2014, 12:33 AM   #236
Chip Moody
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r View Post
@Chip Moody, @ender7: Here is a small standalone fix (cooked by me) http://powerplan7.com/Windows_8_81_x...de_Remover.zip (Usage: unzip, run as administrator, reboot). You can use it whenever some Windows update reverts the setting, which may happen only with very major updates, 1-2 times per year.
Thanks Vladimir, but no dice - and I made sure to run it as administrator. Any chance the routine is different for Win 7?

- Chip
Old Apr 11, 2014, 02:20 PM   #237
V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r
macrumors regular

@Chip Moody: Please try this one
http://www.powerplan7.com/Windows 7 ...rivers Fix.zip
Usage: unzip, copy BOTH OF THE FILES to C:\Program Files\PowerPlanAssistant, then run the fix from this folder (C:\Program Files\PowerPlanAssistant) and reboot.

@ALL: Just wanted to mention, I have extensively tested all of the Trackpad++ features/gestures with the recent major Windows 8.1 Update 1.
The Trackpad++ driver works 100% correctly after updating. No reason to not update, I mean
Old Apr 12, 2014, 08:17 AM   #238
Munkypoo7
macrumors 6502

Quote:
@ALL: End of the mystery. Here is why for some Retina Macbook Pro owners the Trackpad++ 3-finger drag works perfectly, while for some does not work at all. To make it working, please adjust the setting outlined with red so that it matches a provided screen shot and reboot. That's all. And now you can use any DPI, I verified 125%, 150%, 175%, 199%, 200%. It's important to note, Windows 8.1 is not affected, but Windows 8 and 7 are.
Just wanted to post and say thanks Vladimir! I was about to go insane wondering why the three finger dragging kept snapping to the left-top corner lol.

So glad I donated to this project, keep up the amazing work Vladimir, you make using Windows on this Macbook a wonderful experience!
Munkypoo7 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 2014, 04:19 AM   #239
Chip Moody
macrumors newbie

Quote:
@Chip Moody: Please try this one
http://www.powerplan7.com/Windows 7 ...rivers Fix.zip
Usage: unzip, copy BOTH OF THE FILES to C:\Program Files\PowerPlanAssistant, then run the fix from this folder (C:\Program Files\PowerPlanAssistant) and reboot.
Thank you! That did the trick!

- Chip
Old Apr 14, 2014, 10:19 PM   #240
exclusionist
macrumors newbie

Trackpad++ Control Module Cannot Communicate with Driver

Hi Vladimir, I have been using Trackpad++ since I got my new MacBook Pro and I am very happy with it.

However just today, I received this error saying "Cannot communicate with Trackpad++ driver." It happened after my computer restarted from a Windows update. I also received the message that the installation of ppa_x64.sys has been blocked by Windows. (Pics of both message windows attached.)

I have tried reinstalling Trackpad++ first, then reinstalling both Powerplan Assistant and Trackpad++, and also uninstalling first then reinstalling both the programs. I also restarted Windows in between all of the installation.

I'm running the latest versions of both Powerplan Assistant 3.1c-x64 and Trackpad++ 3.0b (based on installation file since T++ cannot be opened now).

I am running a late 2013 MacBook Pro with Windows 8.1 version 6.3

Is there a fix to this problem? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cannot Communicate.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	191.8 KB
ID:	468577  
exclusionist is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 2014, 11:52 PM   #241
khaneliman
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by exclusionist View Post
Hi Vladimir, I have been using Trackpad++ since I got my new MacBook Pro and I am very happy with it.

However just today, I received this error saying "Cannot communicate with Trackpad++ driver." It happened after my computer restarted from a Windows update. I also received the message that the installation of ppa_x64.sys has been blocked by Windows. (Pics of both message windows attached.)

I have tried reinstalling Trackpad++ first, then reinstalling both Powerplan Assistant and Trackpad++, and also uninstalling first then reinstalling both the programs. I also restarted Windows in between all of the installation.

I'm running the latest versions of both Powerplan Assistant 3.1c-x64 and Trackpad++ 3.0b (based on installation file since T++ cannot be opened now).

I am running a late 2013 MacBook Pro with Windows 8.1 version 6.3

Is there a fix to this problem? Any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

Just looks like test signing was disabled. Reinstall power plan assistant.
khaneliman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2014, 04:38 AM   #242
exclusionist
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by khaneliman View Post
Just looks like test signing was disabled. Reinstall power plan assistant.
OK Now that you mentioned testsigning, I think I turned it off by accident. And I installed the Windows_8_81_x64_Test_Mode_Remover over it. Could it have broke something? Those were the only major things I did today.

I tried to use
Code:
bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON
on elevated command prompt to try to turn it back on but it shows "The boot configuration data store could not be opened. A device attached to the system is not functioning."

I only have PowerPlan Assistant installed now and it's still giving me the ppa_x64.sys could not be installed.
exclusionist is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 16, 2014, 02:32 PM   #243
V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r
macrumors regular

@exclusionist: Thank you for the feedback. The fix is 100% safe and cannot affect the BCD thing. You did it right, so if testsigning cannot be enabled with such a diagnose, then something is more or less wrong with your boot configuration data store. With some EFI installations this happens on its own (and remains unnoticeable until you try to alter one of the BCD settings). To summarize: this very exotic issue is not related to PPA (and neither to testsigning fix), but it is definitely uncovered by PPA - if the BCD store cannot be accessed, then no setting can be written, including the testsigning setting, so the system gives you a message about the driver that it is not certified by Microsoft, etc.
Old Apr 20, 2014, 03:33 PM   #244
skallal
macrumors member

Vladimir,

I'm only using Trackpad++ and NOT PPA. I have the Test Mode Build 9600 watermark. I already tried Windows_8_81_x64_Test_Mode_Remover.zip, but the watermark is still there. Otherwise Trackpad++ sill works okay. I simply want the watermark removed.

Steve
skallal is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:51 AM   #245
V-l-a-d-i-m-i-r
macrumors regular

@skallal: Please install the Power Plan Assistant, it is designed to handle the Test Mode thing during its installation (one of the reasons why PPA is a pre-req.). Only then, in case the issue persists, please simply run the standalone fix again.
Old Today, 02:15 AM   #246
skallal
macrumors member

@Vladimir: Yes installing PPA and running the Windows_8_81_x64_Test_Mode_Remover.zip utility fixed the problem! Just sent you a donation for PPA, so I can register it.

Steve
skallal is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac