Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jgayman

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 19, 2010
I just updated my iPad to 4.2. I use Gmail for email. I noticed at the top of the email screen is an icon that when selected brings up a big red "Archive" button. Pressing this button sends the current email message "somewhere". Does anyone know where it goes? I do not have an email folder named Archive and even logging into Gmail from my PC I do not see an option for me to display an Archive folder.

Anyone have the scoop on this?

jgayman

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 19, 2010
Thanks. I will check again in All Mail. But when I go to "settings" in Gmail, Archive is not listed as a label I can turn on or off. In fact, the Archive label is not showing up at all. :(

Xenc

macrumors 65816
May 8, 2010
London, England
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-gb) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

There's an "Archive Messages" slider the in settings for your account on your iPhone.

St. Germain

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2006
Thanks. I will check again in All Mail. But when I go to "settings" in Gmail, Archive is not listed as a label I can turn on or off. In fact, the Archive label is not showing up at all. :(

Essentially the Archive is All Mail.

From Google:
If you don't see All Mail along the left side of your Gmail page, go to the Labels tab in Settings, then click the show link next to the All Mail label.

I used GMail for a few years before I figured this out, I always just searched for old mail that I had archived.

Apple OC

macrumors 68040
Oct 14, 2010
Hogtown
I just updated my iPad to 4.2. I use Gmail for email. I noticed at the top of the email screen is an icon that when selected brings up a big red "Archive" button. Pressing this button sends the current email message "somewhere". Does anyone know where it goes? I do not have an email folder named Archive and even logging into Gmail from my PC I do not see an option for me to display an Archive folder.

Anyone have the scoop on this?

Google keeps it for their/your best interest :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.