Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ReyamEN

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 5, 2012
my problem started when i blocked my self out, someway, i couldnt download or open apps. When i open the application folder i cant find a thing. before that happened iMessages wouldnt let me sign in claiming that my apple ID is "new" and i needed to call AppleCare, that didn't work so i gave up but FaceTime worked so i didnt need it that much.

i formated my mac and reinstalled ML, and now i try to sign in on both iMessages and FaceTime, both claim that there is no internet connection, yet i can use everything else related to internet on my mac. App Store, Safari, Mail...etc all work.

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
May 10, 2010
日本
What Mac and OS version ? What kind of internet connection / router you are using ? It could be some the ports used by iMessage and FaceTime are blocked while eMail and Web are still ok. If possible please share some more details on your environment.

ReyamEN

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 5, 2012
What Mac and OS version ? What kind of internet connection / router you are using ? It could be some the ports used by iMessage and FaceTime are blocked while eMail and Web are still ok. If possible please share some more details on your environment.

Macbook Pro, Mountain lion 10.8.2, i honestly dont know what you mean by what kind of router i am using, all i can say is that once i upgraded my OS it worked completely fine. the first time, before all those problems happened, it worked smoothly.

when i googled the problem something about the DNS, i think, should up and said to change it and so i did but it didnt work.

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
Are you on a network that doesn't allow full access to the Internet, like some businesses and schools? If so, they could be blocking your access.

ChristianVirtual

macrumors 601
May 10, 2010
日本
Macbook Pro, Mountain lion 10.8.2, i honestly dont know what you mean by what kind of router i am using, all i can say is that once i upgraded my OS it worked completely fine. the first time, before all those problems happened, it worked smoothly.

when i googled the problem something about the DNS, i think, should up and said to change it and so i did but it didnt work.

There is a technical document http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1629 describing what ports Apple software is using.

And another one on FaceTime for Mac http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4185

The question for the router comes from the nice way of Apple configuring the router for you once you setup iMessage/FaceTime. That would not work with 3rd party router.

ReyamEN

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 5, 2012
Are you on a network that doesn't allow full access to the Internet, like some businesses and schools? If so, they could be blocking your access.

No actually not, no parent restrictions no nothing! I've used before.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.