Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Jan 8, 2013, 10:40 PM   #1
iSensei
Banned

Red face If the iPhone could only run Android

So I got to play with the LG Optimus G...

Needless to say Android feels light years away from iOS and it hurts to admit it. It really does. Man did my iPhone 5 screen's size felt awkward after playing with my cousins LG O G. Oh well, one can only wish the iPhone which does have the best quality build of all phones could run Android and have access to all those funky widgets and customization. Sigh
True the built quality ain't that good but as they say don't judge a book by its cover.

Last edited by iSensei; Jan 8, 2013 at 10:46 PM.
iSensei is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2013, 10:48 PM   #2
Che Castro
macrumors 601

Why don't you just switch to android
Che Castro is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2013, 11:03 PM   #3
isephmusic
macrumors 6502

I miss android a lot and my htc one x screen but the light weight and sleekness of the 5 grew on me. I also use my phone a LOT more its so weird... I always wondered why people would be attaché to their iPhones and now I know there's just a lot of apps on them...
isephmusic is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2013, 11:05 PM   #4
macjram
macrumors 6502a

I'd prefer if the Note II had iOS haha
Old Jan 8, 2013, 11:08 PM   #5
1080p
macrumors 68000

The iPhone 3G could run Android...

http://www.engadget.com/2010/05/21/i...y-to-download/
Old Jan 9, 2013, 12:12 AM   #6
Obese Lobsters
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSensei View Post
So I got to play with the LG Optimus G...

Needless to say Android feels light years away from iOS and it hurts to admit it. It really does. Man did my iPhone 5 screen's size felt awkward after playing with my cousins LG O G. Oh well, one can only wish the iPhone which does have the best quality build of all phones could run Android and have access to all those funky widgets and customization. Sigh
True the built quality ain't that good but as they say don't judge a book by its cover.
You feel that way now, but you'll end up missing the subtle things the iPhone brings such as not having to shift your hand up to pull down the notification tray. This coming from a nexus 4 owner of course
Obese Lobsters is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2013, 12:28 AM   #7
1080p
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obese Lobsters View Post
You feel that way now, but you'll end up missing the subtle things the iPhone brings such as not having to shift your hand up to pull down the notification tray. This coming from a nexus 4 owner of course
Or having an iMessage conversation on your iPhone and switching over to your Mac once you get home.

Or taking lots of vacation pics on your iPhone, and having them on you computer waiting for you thanks to Photostream.

Or plugging in your iPhone to you Mac, and importing your video right into iMovie for editing.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 12:44 AM   #8
Obese Lobsters
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1080p View Post
Or having an iMessage conversation on your iPhone and switching over to your Mac once you get home.

Or taking lots of vacation pics on your iPhone, and having them on you computer waiting for you thanks to Photostream.

Or plugging in your iPhone to you Mac, and importing your video right into iMovie for editing.
Supposedly Gtalk pretty much functions the same as iMessage, though neither I nor anyone I know uses Gtalk/chat, we all use plain ole text message. Though I do miss iMessage

Dropbox pretty much brought photostream function to both android and iOS (not sure about WP8).

I believe you can do the same with android (though you need to download a sync program to get the videos off the phone).

All in all you could replicate most of iOS' features on android, but it would be a hassle and lack that apple coat of polish
Obese Lobsters is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2013, 01:51 AM   #9
Mrbobb
macrumors 601

I don't know why Apple completely closes up its firmware, who cares if the geeks want to load their own roms, not like they are obligated to support a JB phone.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 04:19 AM   #10
sagar4995
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Che Castro View Post
Why don't you just switch to android
probably because he's already spent his cash on an i5.
Instagram ID - SagarChablani
sagar4995 is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone