Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Sep 21, 2014, 07:51 PM   #126
GGJstudios
macrumors Westmere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weaselboy View Post
You need to go look up the meaning of the word multiple.
I know what multiple means. Your comments can be misleading, making readers think they have to search "over and over", when in fact, it's one search, then one more search. Technically, it's search, then "search over", not "search over and over". It's not a hardship to perform 2 searches, and certainly not as difficult as locating, downloading, installing and learning to use another app, when another 30 seconds or less to perform one additional search would have done the job.
GGJstudios is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2014, 09:24 PM   #127
tm0000
macrumors member

It shows the software in finder, but it says "no matches found" in iFileX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weaselboy View Post
From here it looks like that app comes with Toast. Did you install Toast?

Where are you seeing it in Finder?

If it can be seen in Finder a search like this in iFileX should show it.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-09-21 at 10.21.38 PM.png
Views:	18
Size:	985.0 KB
ID:	495128  
tm0000 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2014, 09:30 PM   #128
tm0000
macrumors member

Okay, so, when trying to search for files in finder.. when I add search system files .. visible or invisible, why does it show my bookmarks in safari?

The same thing happened when I tried uninstalling another app, the search showed my emails too! I don't know what I'm doing wrong
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-09-21 at 10.26.55 PM.png
Views:	10
Size:	263.4 KB
ID:	495130  
tm0000 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2014, 09:34 PM   #129
GGJstudios
macrumors Westmere

Quote:
Originally Posted by tm0000 View Post
Okay, so, when trying to search for files in finder.. when I add search system files .. visible or invisible, why does it show my bookmarks in safari?

The same thing happened when I tried uninstalling another app, the search showed my emails too! I don't know what I'm doing wrong
You're not doing anything wrong. It's normal that search results may include emails, bookmarks and other items you don't want to delete. That's why you should exercise care when choosing items for deletion.
GGJstudios is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2014, 01:22 AM   #130
Weaselboy
macrumors G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGJstudios View Post
I know what multiple means. Your comments can be misleading, making readers think they have to search "over and over", when in fact, it's one search, then one more search. Technically, it's search, then "search over", not "search over and over". It's not a hardship to perform 2 searches, and certainly not as difficult as locating, downloading, installing and learning to use another app, when another 30 seconds or less to perform one additional search would have done the job.
There is nothing misleading at all about what I said. I simply provided another tool to do the job without multiple searches. If you don't want to use that tool, don't use it. Simple as that.

Quote:
It shows the software in finder, but it says "no matches found" in iFileX
Odd. In that Finder screenshot, select DiscCatalogMaker and hit command-i to bring up the get info pane and tell me what file path it shows at the top under Where:.

Quote:

That's normal. Those are all just different files on your drive.
Weaselboy is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store