Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Samtb

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 6, 2013
How many hours of active usage time do you get out of your iphone 5?

kenetic

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2006
Around 7 hours for me. The battery life is better when compare to the 4S. I have it vibrating.

John T

macrumors 68020
Mar 18, 2006
UK.
This query is almost impossible to answer because battery life is entirely dependent on how the phone is set up and used. For example, heavy web browsing etc will result in shorter battery life than listening to music etc.

On average, about 5 hours seems to be the norm.

SingularityG

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2012
During tournaments, I use M:TG counter App on my iPhone, during which the screen stays on. I often check the the rules on the internet during that time, answer messages, open up a .pdf, etc..

This drains my battery from ~80% to ~10% in about five to six hours.

Cellular data ON, 3G OFF, Mail Push set to manual.

jayrflow

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2013
Yea usage time depends on what you're doing. This is just straight listening to music with turning the screen on every 10 minutes or so to answer a text message
upysehu2.jpg

Dreamliner330

macrumors 6502a
Sep 1, 2011
^Required for functionality. :p

I've often tried to get a good answer on this. Its a really tough question to answer.

Usage however, is more important than standby time. I always laugh when people say their phone lasts for days and are extremely critical of having to charge 'every day'. Lol. Who cares how long your phone lasts if you don't use it.

I've considered an iPhone 5, but I have a feeling the battery would cause an issue. I've thought if a battery case, but it makes the phone ginormous .

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.