Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

saberahul

macrumors 68040
Nov 6, 2008
USA
I personally wouldn't trust them with my info. They mention on their site that they store your info for you when 1Password stores it locally. Hell, I had to do a ton of research before I even trusted 1Password with my data. That's why I mentioned I wouldn't trust just any company. You have no idea if your info is being stored somewhere.

When it comes to passwords I think everyone needs to see where their data is going to be stored. 1Password does the job of storing locally well but it is very well overpriced. OneSafe does the same thing without free web browsing (you can click on the link in password to login but cannot go to any site). mPass does the same thing of storing locally. As long as the passwords are stored in your device, it all comes down to the little things such as double protection security (very well implemented in OneSafe) and UI (mPass copied from 1Password).
1Password has the edge with the desktop apps but I cannot possibly put down $50 on the mac app along with $18 on the iOS apps. Hopefully, Apple will bring keychain integration to iOS and reduce the headache.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.