Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dented

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2009
I believe we should all demand the iPhone that we want the best way we can, with our $dollars$, by not supporting whatever the 5S will be.

Wait, what? It's not even announced yet and you're still boycotting the alleged 5S "whatever it will be"? How does that make sense?

How about this - just let the market decide as it always does. If you don't want whatever phone apple announce next week, don't buy it. If you're right and everyone else feels the same, they won't buy it either and apple will have to respond to that in some way. If on the other hand everyone else does want to buy it, well, that's ok isn't it?

sulpfiction

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 16, 2011
Philadelphia Area
Really?:rolleyes: The only people disappointed by the lack of a redesign were those naive enough to believe it'd happen. Anyone who paid attention and used their critical thinking skills were skeptical of the redesign rumor. .

Yeah, I was skeptical too. But after Case Logic put out cases that supported that redesign, and the fact that the "S" version wasn't established at the time, there were a ton of people that bought into the possibility. Take a look at some of the threads posted right after the 4S was announced. There were far more people disappointed, then there were happy. It was a nice upgraded from the 4, but people were very disappointed at the time.

----------

I've seen demos of wireless charging (without laying on a pad or anything) to a modified cell phone over a year ago.

I think we will see it in something sooner then later, maybe not the iPhone though.

However it would be PERFECT for Apple. The demo I saw had a square frame and as long as the device was in front of the frame it would charge. Now think about that frame being integrated into an iMac and/or Apple monitor!
That would make me want to upgrade my iMac and I'm sure many PC users with an iphone might want to do the same.

You'll see it in a Samsung phone first though.

Putting my phone in front of a "frame" that's built into my Mac, would actually be terrible for me. My Mac is in my office, my phone charges in my bedroom. And what's the difference between putting my phone inside a frame, or plugging it in? Nothing (IMO). It might look cool for a few minutes sitting inside a frame. But real world suggests that it's just a gimmick at this point. Android can keep wireless charging right now. Im happy waiting a few more years.

javisan

macrumors 6502a
Dec 4, 2006
Seriously, if you're unhappy with the screen size, why don't you buy one of those android-based phones with your favorite screen size?

Can I put the iOS on an android-based phone? No right? Well then, I need Apple to make it. I have stated this several times already. I love all apple devices and the ecosystem, just hate the dated design and small screen on the iPhone. And I thank god that he gave me descent hands that can handle a device bigger than the 5.

Let me save you time. You're next response will be: get an iPad, it has a bigger display. Check, I have both iPads. My response will be: can I make regular calls with it? Can it fit nicely in my pocket? No right? Well then, back to square one. Apple needs to make an iPhone with a 4.7 - 5.0 inch screen. Don't worry, I'm also advocating for them to keep the current form factor for the hand challenged people.

cynics

macrumors G4
Jan 8, 2012
Yeah, I was skeptical too. But after Case Logic put out cases that supported that redesign, and the fact that the "S" version wasn't established at the time, there were a ton of people that bought into the possibility. Take a look at some of the threads posted right after the 4S was announced. There were far more people disappointed, then there were happy. It was a nice upgraded from the 4, but people were very disappointed at the time.

----------

Putting my phone in front of a "frame" that's built into my Mac, would actually be terrible for me. My Mac is in my office, my phone charges in my bedroom. And what's the difference between putting my phone inside a frame, or plugging it in? Nothing (IMO). It might look cool for a few minutes sitting inside a frame. But real world suggests that it's just a gimmick at this point. Android can keep wireless charging right now. Im happy waiting a few more years.

I think there is a big difference. Every time you are sitting in your office your phone is charging, assuming its on you.

sulpfiction

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Aug 16, 2011
Philadelphia Area
I think there is a big difference. Every time you are sitting in your office your phone is charging, assuming its on you.

Not really. You have to place it somewhere just like u do when u plug it in. If I could walk into my office and my phone started charging while still in my pocket, that's a different story.

Jjaro

macrumors regular
May 29, 2009
Yokosuka, Japan
Every 4 hrs totally defeats the purpose of a pass code. Might as well just have it off altogether.

I have mine set to 5 minutes, which i still think is right on the cusp of being too long. And I'll admit it is a PIA to constantly enter it. But If someone steals ur phone, u want it to be locked. Or if u leave ur phone somewhere, you'd want it too lock itself in a reasonable amount of time. And like I said, even 5 mins can be a lifetime to a thief. The point is moot if a thief wants to steal ur phone and not give it back. But if ur gonna have a password, at least have it serve some purpose.

If someone steals it, then I am of the opinion that they won't likely go into it for a while, that's why I have it set for four hours. Although, after our little chat here, I think now I'm gonna change it to "after one hour".

And hey, what do you think about it, the sensor, replacing passwords for the iTunes/App store as we'll? I REALLY hope so. I had the new nexus 7 (this years model) for a few weeks (I sold it, not that I didn't like Android, just that I didn't need it) and one of the nice things for that was no password to buy Apps. At least give me the option Apple. I don't have kids and the likelihood of someone trying to buy an App with MY iPhone is next to zero.

Ramio

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2011
Houston, TeXas
A camera update alone would be worth the upgrade. Since the 4, I stopped buying cameras and only use my iphone...much less hassle. I've taken 1000s of pics with my iphone 5 so hopefully Tuesday ill hear some good news!.

spork183

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2006
I think Apple has done better keeping things under wrap. But, folks, this is only a S model and even a finger sensor will not do much for most. I would not even use such a thing if it got in the way of me using my phone.

iOS 7 is what interests me the most. Having call blocking is a great and long awaited feature. I can wait for the larger screen of the 6!:p

Agree on iOS7, but I think it would be sweet if Apple had pulled an end-around on this one: Introduce the iphone 5S, which has been leaked like crazy, and then spring some other, totally unforeseen hardware piece on the faithful.

Would be nice to have just "One More Thing", one more time... ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.