Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Xanderstone12

macrumors member
Jan 1, 2012
Their Facebook page is littered with posts from people pissed about their orders and shipping and purchases showing "declined".

Apollo182

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2013
i think most of the posts on fb are in regards to the peeps who did the kickstarter. it seems that the shipping got messed up with those purchases.

syfuman

macrumors newbie
Apr 17, 2010
My Taktik Extreme was dropped off by UPS today around 3pm (Chicagoland Suburbs).

This thing is a tank and I'll need to get used to this new size and weight. I installed it without a screen protector so I'm hoping this rainbow effect that others are seeing won't appear on the glass.

I'm loving the protection on top of the design. The only bad thing I can think of is the fact that I won't be able to throw my phone into my front pants pockets without it being noticed.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

Raska

macrumors 6502
Aug 5, 2007
NJ
My Taktik Extreme was dropped off by UPS today around 3pm (Chicagoland Suburbs).

This thing is a tank and I'll need to get used to this new size and weight. I installed it without a screen protector so I'm hoping this rainbow effect that others are seeing won't appear on the glass.

I'm loving the protection on top of the design. The only bad thing I can think of is the fact that I won't be able to throw my phone into my front pants pockets without it being noticed.

Received mine today as well. Mine has rainbowing on the screen from there the iPhones screen is sticking to the gorilla glass of the case. Mildly annoying I would say.

thenumbersrbad

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2008
is there actually gorilla glass covering the camera?

the case looks sweet but for $124 it should be waterproof lol

wrkactjob

macrumors 65816
Feb 29, 2008
London
.. The only bad thing I can think of is the fact that I won't be able to throw my phone into my front pants pockets without it being noticed....

Hmmmm queue the "Are you pleased to see me or is that just a Taktik Extreme in your pocket" type jokes....could work to your advantage.

macMD

macrumors 6502
Nov 25, 2005
New York
I am considering the Taktik case for a new iP5 next month, and for those who have the extreme already what did you do to get rid of the rainbow affect? I have read comments about baby powder so are you applying it to the screen to get rid of an oily substance then wiping it off? Trying to decide between the extreme and the strike.

syfuman

macrumors newbie
Apr 17, 2010
unfortunately i did end up having the rainbow issue, and in addition to the reversed camera and flash holes in the rear, i decided to return it for a refund.

as far as fixing the rainbow issue, i found that if you pushed in the impact truss at the top while screwing in the top ballistic bezel, the case would close/fit better where there was less tension when screwing everything together and the rainbow effect would be lessened or gone.

after a few emails, me shipping the product back, and a week later i was issued a refund to my credit card.

i will probably order the strike as soon as they give us the ability to order different colors in the port cover. i'm not sure why they didn't just give the strike the same red port cover.

the strike won't have the rainbow issue and won't have any issues with the camera/flash holes either.

i wish they made a future iteration of the strike that was not as thick or wide.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.