Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Dec 1, 2012, 11:07 PM   #1
stevo8
macrumors 6502

Expected date is Dec 21st. Any chance I won't see it before Christmas?

Purchased a white 16g mini for a gift and apple stated it delivers dec 21st by 2-3business days. Since the 21st is a fri and three business days could put it to the 25th in which case mail wont be running, is there any chance Ill get screwed by a day and it wont show, or has apple been pretty good with expected delivery dates?
stevo8 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2012, 11:10 PM   #2
Spink10
macrumors 68030

Apple in general is very good with delivery dates. If it moves it most likely would move up.
Spink10 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2012, 01:01 AM   #3
MacIke
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo8 View Post
Purchased a white 16g mini for a gift and apple stated it delivers dec 21st by 2-3business days. Since the 21st is a fri and three business days could put it to the 25th in which case mail wont be running, is there any chance Ill get screwed by a day and it wont show, or has apple been pretty good with expected delivery dates?
I bought mine on Monday morning CST. I was told Dec 14 for delivery. It is sitting in Memphis right now! A solid week ahead of time.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 05:51 AM   #4
kodeman53
Banned

Quote:
Yes, there's a chance, but not likely.
kodeman53 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2012, 06:50 AM   #5
wytwolf
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacIke View Post
I bought mine on Monday morning CST. I was told Dec 14 for delivery. It is sitting in Memphis right now! A solid week ahead of time.
Same with mine. It was suppose to be here for the 12th but is now scheduled for the 6th.
wytwolf is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2012, 07:01 AM   #6
maflynn

Only on a rare occasion did I get an apple product after the estimated date, so I think the odds are very good, but like anything YMMV and its still a remote possibility
maflynn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2012, 07:16 AM   #7
EDH667
macrumors 6502a

Apple is guaranteeing delivery before Christmas. "Order iPad mini by midnight December 5 for guaranteed delivery before Christmas."
EDH667 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2012, 10:11 AM   #8
stevo8
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDH667 View Post
Apple is guaranteeing delivery before Christmas. "Order iPad mini by midnight December 5 for guaranteed delivery before Christmas."
What does the guarantee get me if it doesnt show?
Old Dec 2, 2012, 10:13 AM   #9
AppleChampagne
macrumors member

Quote:
Why didnt you buy from Tesco Direct, they had lots yesterday, mine is arriving tomorrow)

Mine is a 32gb 3g though so i suppose they are easier to get than the 16gb wifi's

AC
AppleChampagne is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2012, 10:32 AM   #10
ucfgrad93
macrumors G5

Quote:
What does the guarantee get me if it doesnt show?
If it doesn't show, Apple will probably refund any shipping costs.
ucfgrad93 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2012, 10:38 AM   #11
stevo8
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleChampagne View Post
Why didnt you buy from Tesco Direct, they had lots yesterday, mine is arriving tomorrow)

Mine is a 32gb 3g though so i suppose they are easier to get than the 16gb wifi's

AC
I wanted the ability to return it if its not what she wanted, and since I live right next to a apple store it just made more sense to get it direct.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucfgrad93 View Post
If it doesn't show, Apple will probably refund any shipping costs.
all $6 lol
Old Dec 2, 2012, 11:03 AM   #12
ucfgrad93
macrumors G5

Quote:
all $6 lol
Better than nothing. You could always ask for something else.
ucfgrad93 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2012, 12:20 PM   #13
AppleChampagne
macrumors member

Quote:
I wanted the ability to return it if its not what she wanted, and since I live right next to a apple store it just made more sense to get it direct.

----------

all $6 lol
Oh right your in the states...

In th UK we are covered by distance selling regulations which mean that if anything is bought over the internet we have 7 days as a return window. UK is generally **** but pretty epic in that regard, lol
AppleChampagne is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2012, 02:02 PM   #14
terminator-jq
macrumors member

You may want to try the store pickup option. Just check every night after 10:00pm(pacific time), and it will tell you if a store around you has one in stock. I find it's best to check Monday night and Thursday night. I had the most luck on those days. After you order it, you will be able to go to whatever Apple store you chose and pick it up the next day.

Also, don't limit yourself to Apple store. In my area, the Apple stores were usually out of mini's but my local Best Buy's had plenty of white mini's. Unfortunately, I wanted the black one, so I had to use the store pickup option.
terminator-jq is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2012, 06:44 PM   #15
stevo8
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by terminator-jq View Post
You may want to try the store pickup option. Just check every night after 10:00pm(pacific time), and it will tell you if a store around you has one in stock. I find it's best to check Monday night and Thursday night. I had the most luck on those days. After you order it, you will be able to go to whatever Apple store you chose and pick it up the next day.

Also, don't limit yourself to Apple store. In my area, the Apple stores were usually out of mini's but my local Best Buy's had plenty of white mini's. Unfortunately, I wanted the black one, so I had to use the store pickup option.
I've been trying that but will be out of town for a bit so that won't work. I might try bestbuy and just return it if the one from apple comes in on time.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 07:12 PM   #16
frankq
macrumors newbie

Little off topic, but the worlds gonna end on December 21, so unless you get it a few days early it won't matter
frankq is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2012, 07:19 PM   #17
jordanwiseman
macrumors newbie

I ordered mine yesterday and it said "Delivers Dec. 24th". I didn't even know FedEx/UPS ran on Christmas Eve, so any chance I'll get it sooner? I did order before the 5th, which means the whole guaranteed delivery before Christmas thing.
jordanwiseman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2012, 07:59 PM   #18
Medic311
macrumors 68000

there is a chance, but if that happens you can just call up and you'll be given a free smart cover and probably some $$$ off as well
Medic311 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2012, 08:56 PM   #19
grimmwit
macrumors newbie

Odds are good....

Quote:
I ordered a 32GB VZ black iPad Mini on 11/25. At the time was slated to ship on 12/14 with delivery on 12/17.

It shipped on 11/30, and is showing delivery due by FedEx on 12/6. It left Memphis this evening.... If it's on a plane, rather than a truck, I'd expect it to deliver tomorrow.

So if my experience is any measure, you should be in good shape.

Grimmwit
grimmwit is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2012, 02:53 PM   #20
MacIke
macrumors regular

Update: total time from order to in hand was 7 day 3 hours.
Old Dec 7, 2012, 10:20 AM   #21
stevo8
macrumors 6502

UPDATE: on track to be here the 12th! Pretty excited about that. I also found out my girlfriend got me one for Christmas and it will arrive today which is about a week early.
stevo8 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2012, 10:01 AM   #22
stevo8
macrumors 6502

Showed up yesterday. Awesome service.
stevo8 is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad