Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Bodypainter

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2007
These videos are so boring and amateurish, even most unboxing videos nowadays are more interesting! Ps: youtube > bodypainter99 if you want to see them :)

bretm

macrumors 68000
Apr 12, 2002
It is a lower DPI, but only because they quite literally shrunk an iPad 2 screen, and its UI, down to a 7.8" screen. Which also brings up ergonomic issues...

Yes, typing is immensely easier.

It has better dpi than an iMac and people are complaining. I checked it out. Really does have a nice feel, but retina is better. OTOH, I'm not paying extra for retina mbpro.

BoxOfSnoo

macrumors member
Nov 25, 2008
"The Sun Also Rises" and "The Valley of the Moon".
"East of Eden" and "How the West was Won"
"Moby Dick" and "Gone Fishing" (Captain Ahab was fishing... for a whale)

Also Moby Dick is 873 pages vs 67 pages for Gone Fishing (iBooks store page count).

Does anyone's iBooks open anywhere near as fast as that commercial? iBooks is one of the slowest apps on my devices.

Zunjine

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2009
These iPad mini ads are perfect examples of Apple's ability to take advantage of the product recognition and existing ecosystem and to communicate really big things in really simple ways.

Let's compare these to the Surface advert. MS's ad made a lot of noise with a big focus on the attachable keyboard and kick stand. It was the advertising equivalent of someone shouting over and over again "you can attach a keyboard and there's a kick stand!!!". The focus was on a couple of features with a lot of singing and dancing (literally, in part) to make it all seem exciting.

The iPad mini ads, on the other hand, could not have had a simpler brief: it's an iPad, but it's smaller.

The iPad is a well recognised product so needs no introduction - it's an iPad. The message is clear - you can do the same on this as you can on the iPad but it's smaller. The focus isn't on features, it's on the concept of what an iPad is. An iPad is fun. It's creative. It's simple!

These adverts are a great sign that Apple still knows what it's about when it comes to making great products - simple, engaging and unique experiences.

zardoz320

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2011
Lame

Am I the only one noticing that Apple's recent ad campaigns have been less than impressive? And I'm being nice here, the Superbowl ads were embarassing and the latest ones for Siri, iPhone and iPad have been totally underwhelming and just don't create any buzz other than how bad they are. What happened to the Apple ads we all used to love to watch, from the 1984 Mac ad to the iPod dancing ads in silhouette to the I'm a Mac ads to the first iPhone and iPad ads.

I hate to say it, but Steve Jobs is really being missed, especially in this area. His focus on aesthetics are not reflected in these recent campaigns at all.

Honestly, they suck. Badly.

hamkor04

macrumors 6502
Apr 10, 2011
How about reading this books at least on the Mac and little respect to readers own (pdf or other) book collection.

slffl

macrumors 65816
Mar 5, 2003
Seattle, WA
I find it all the more ironic when it emphasizes text and photos, yet you know the Mini doesn't use a retina screen...

Oh geez here we go. They are emphasizing that the iPad mini runs the same software that the iPad runs.

Get over the no-retina whiners. If there was retina it would be thicker and heavier and you same babies would be whining about that.

----------

Am I the only one noticing that Apple's recent ad campaigns have been less than impressive? ...

Honestly, they suck. Badly.

Yes, you are the only one.

Grannyville7989

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2010
I like the new ads. Ads are one of the things that Apple really does better than anyone else. In contrast, all Samsung can do in their ads is bashing Apple and its "fanboys".

But didn't Apple essentially dig at Microsoft with its Mac vs PC adverts? Especially the adverts that targetted Windows Vista.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.