Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pullman

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 11, 2008
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Hi everyone

I'm trying to order some RAM for my mom's mid-2011 Mini.

I see on Crucial's site that they have a 2x4GB kit for 73€.

This sounded a bit much to me so I checked Tweakers.net which lists another Crucial 2x4GB kit for approx. 45€.

Both are PC3-10600 but will both fit in the mid-2011 Mini?

Thanks very much for your help
P

pullman

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 11, 2008
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Thanks Perry.

Well I believe both fit the Mini but I just can't understand the rather huge price difference.

Any ideas?

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
Thanks Perry.

Well I believe both fit the Mini but I just can't understand the rather huge price difference.

Any ideas?

Yes I have, both Crucial.EU and Centralpoint are expensive, Centralpoint is I think geared towards Business and I suspect Crucial Europe to get it's supply form the States, although that would be dumb.
If you look at Tweakers.net the difference in between the others is only 13 Euro, I consider the Meqtrade to be non relevant, don't know them and have zero stars.

pullman

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 11, 2008
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Ah I see, thanks for the info - I didn't realise Crucial's own site was expensive. The price difference was so big I thought there must be something else, like a different type of RAM.

Then I could go ahead with the cheaper one. The specs, as far as I've been able to ascertain with everymac.com, seem to be the right ones.

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
Ah I see, thanks for the info - I didn't realise Crucial's own site was expensive. The price difference was so big I thought there must be something else, like a different type of RAM.

Then I could go ahead with the cheaper one. The specs, as far as I've been able to ascertain with everymac.com, seem to be the right ones.

Crucial US is actually "cheap", it's the EU site which is expensive, why I don't really know, can only guess.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.