Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sebberdreng

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 9, 2012
Hello
I have recently installed BootCamp on my mac, I installed Windows7 with the build in Boot Camp Asisstant. When I got into windows, i installed the drivers with the Mac Snow Leopard disk. And it seemed to go just fine. But now if I try to acces the Control Panel on Windows, I cannot see the Keyboard or Trackpad Tab. Internet does not work, so it doesen't seem like the drivers worked at all. Can you please help me resolve this? Thanks in advance.
From Sebastian:apple:

JediMeister

macrumors 68040
Oct 9, 2008
The Snow Leopard disc you are using, retail version or gray disc? If your Mac shipped with 10.6, you should use the gray disc not the retail version to install the drivers. If you did use the right disc, try downloading the Boot Camp updates from Apple's site: 3.1, 3.2, and 3.3. Note that 3.1 and 3.2 have different downloads depending on whether you have the 32- or 64-bit version of Windows installed.

Sesshy

macrumors newbie
Nov 11, 2012
I imagine that, at any rate, the drivers on the Snow Leopard disc are pretty outdated. Is there no option for you under Boot Camp Assistant to download the latest support drivers to wherever? If you direct those to a flash drive and then run the executable under Windows, they should work properly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.