Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mizuno64

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 14, 2012
I am unable to email via Craigslist with any of the craigslist apps or even by going to craigslist.org via Safari. As a hobby/side line of making extra income, I frequently buy used lawn equipment and appliances from people on Craigslist. I fix these items and sell them and sometimes donate if a friend etc needs something. So, that all out of the way, the problem I am having is that all of a sudden when i try to respond to an ad or listing via email, my emails never go through. I dont get any kind of error message, my phone doesnt lock up or anything of the sort. The email simply just seems to vanish, never sends, doesnt show up in my sent folder. I have tried using all sorts of craigslist iPhone apps, tried to use Safari on my iPhone, used Yahoo email, Google mail, Exchange. Craigslist lets me log into my account, lets me post items for sale etc, lets me receive email from other people responding to my postings on Craigslist so I dont believe they have blocked me in any way. I am simply stumped as to what is going on. I dont know if i have inadvertently triggered something by updating or changing a setting on my iPhone or what. I started going through my sent fodlers and this all seems to have begun on October 25th. just very strange. I have searched the internet and found nothing in regards to anyone having similar issues.

r2shyyou

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2010
Paris, France
I am unable to email via Craigslist with any of the craigslist apps or even by going to craigslist.org via Safari. As a hobby/side line of making extra income, I frequently buy used lawn equipment and appliances from people on Craigslist. I fix these items and sell them and sometimes donate if a friend etc needs something. So, that all out of the way, the problem I am having is that all of a sudden when i try to respond to an ad or listing via email, my emails never go through. I dont get any kind of error message, my phone doesnt lock up or anything of the sort. The email simply just seems to vanish, never sends, doesnt show up in my sent folder. I have tried using all sorts of craigslist iPhone apps, tried to use Safari on my iPhone, used Yahoo email, Google mail, Exchange. Craigslist lets me log into my account, lets me post items for sale etc, lets me receive email from other people responding to my postings on Craigslist so I dont believe they have blocked me in any way. I am simply stumped as to what is going on. I dont know if i have inadvertently triggered something by updating or changing a setting on my iPhone or what. I started going through my sent fodlers and this all seems to have begun on October 25th. just very strange. I have searched the internet and found nothing in regards to anyone having similar issues.

Have you tried logging in to either Yahoo! or Gmail on a computer to see if the sent messages appear there?

Also, do the sellers' email addresses, anonymized by Craigslist or not, appear as you would expect them to or do they appear different in some way from what you recall? And have you tried either Bcc'ing or Cc'ing yourself on those emails to see if, despite the fact that they don't show up in your Sent folder, they do actually make it to their respective destination(s)?

Lastly, have you tried responding to any of these listings from a computer using the same email program(s) as on your phone to see if the problem is with more than just your phone?

Mizuno64

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 14, 2012
Have you tried logging in to either Yahoo! or Gmail on a computer to see if the sent messages appear there?
Also, do the sellers' email addresses, anonymized by Craigslist or not, appear as you would expect them to or do they appear different in some way from what you recall? And have you tried either Bcc'ing or Cc'ing yourself on those emails to see if, despite the fact that they don't show up in your Sent folder, they do actually make it to their respective destination(s)?

Lastly, have you tried responding to any of these listings from a computer using the same email program(s) as on your phone to see if the problem is with more than just your phone?

Sorry, meant add that I have indeed used a PC to reply to listings on Craigslist and have had no problems. So, it's definitely something in how my iPhone is interfacing with Craigslist.
I'm not always in front of a PC, so I frequently use my iPhone. So yes, it is sort of a problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.