Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rufuss Sewell

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 25, 2010
Austin, TX
I mainly shoot music videos with my iPhone 4S. I like to play with the focus for effects but the tap to focus is getting a little old. I'm looking for something with a real time manual focus. Like a slider on the screen. Several apps claim to have manual focus, but after you buy them you find that they are referring to tap to focus as manual.

Any clues? Thanks!

CodeBreaker

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2010
Sea of Tranquility
I mainly shoot music videos with my iPhone 4S. I like to play with the focus for effects but the tap to focus is getting a little old. I'm looking for something with a real time manual focus. Like a slider on the screen. Several apps claim to have manual focus, but after you buy them you find that they are referring to tap to focus as manual.

Any clues? Thanks!

Looking at the iOS developer docs, I think developers have no way to programmatically adjust the focus. The can either lock it or keep it on auto. So I don't think any app will be offering manual focus.

P.S.: If you do find such an app, please let me know. I too, am searching for it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.