Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues

Old Oct 1, 2013, 11:16 AM   #1
Arran
macrumors 65816

Fox News on Obamacare: Telling it like it is!

The brave patriots over at Fox reveal the TRUTH about Obamacare. It's a real eye-opener. Surprised me, that's for sure.

Story is here: Five reasons Americans...
Old Oct 1, 2013, 11:19 AM   #2
TheAppleFairy
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arran View Post
The brave patriots over at Fox reveal the TRUTH about Obamacare. It's a real eye-opener. Surprised me, that's for sure.

It's an opinion piece by a liberal fox contributer.
TheAppleFairy is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2013, 11:21 AM   #3
lannister80
macrumors 6502

Holy ****, a rational opinion piece on Fox News. amazing.
Old Oct 1, 2013, 11:32 AM   #4
Arran
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAppleFairy View Post
It's an opinion piece by a liberal fox contributer.
Well I know that! But it's not her personal blog, it's published under the weighty Fox News.com banner.

The cynic in me can't help but admire the way Fox are positioning themselves now. It's truly brilliant. They know the game is lost. They know Obamacare is going to be hugely popular with ordinary Americans when they get familiar with it, so they publish this story at the eleventh hour to ostensibly paint themselves as a good guy in the coming months.

But they hedge too - That's the brilliant part. If Obamacare fails for some reason, then they can just dismiss this article as a liberal opinion piece. Just as you did. Brilliant.
Old Oct 1, 2013, 11:34 AM   #5
TheAppleFairy
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Well I know that! But it's not her personal blog, it's published under the weighty Fox News.com banner.

The cynic in me can't help but admire the way Fox are positioning themselves now. It's truly brilliant. They know the game is lost. They know Obamacare is going to be hugely popular with ordinary Americans when they get familiar with it, so they publish this story at the eleventh hour to ostensibly paint themselves as a good guy in the coming months.

But they hedge too - That's the brilliant part. If Obamacare fails for some reason, then they can just dismiss this article as a liberal opinion piece. Just as you did. Brilliant.

This is not unusual, they have had liberal contributers on there network since the beginning.

They are in fact fair and balanced.
TheAppleFairy is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2013, 11:37 AM   #6
likemyorbs
Banned

Send a message via AIM to likemyorbs
Quote:

They are in fact fair and balanced.
Yeah....you keep believing that. They're about as fair and balanced as an Aryan Brotherhood meeting.
likemyorbs is offline   14 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2013, 11:37 AM   #7
TheAppleFairy
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by likemyorbs View Post
Yeah....you keep believing that. They're about as fair and balanced as an Aryan Brotherhood meeting.

TheAppleFairy is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2013, 11:50 AM   #8
VulchR
macrumors 68000

This is perhaps the only intelligent analysis I have ever heard coming from Fox News. Kudos to Sally Kohn. I wonder how long it will remain before some editor takes it down....
Old Oct 1, 2013, 11:57 AM   #9
Arran
macrumors 65816

Quote:
This is not unusual, they have had liberal contributers on there network since the beginning.
Yeah, I'd noticed they wheel them out occasionally. When it suits their business objectives.
Old Oct 1, 2013, 12:07 PM   #10
zioxide
macrumors 603

Quote:
Yeah, I'd noticed they wheel them out occasionally. When it suits their business objectives.
It's how they continue to operate under the guise of being "fair and balanced".

They'll post 1 left-leaning article to 99 right-leaning articles, but hey, they posted a left-leaning article, so they must be fair and balanced.
zioxide is offline   8 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2013, 02:54 PM   #11
malman89
macrumors 65816

Quote:

Fox News (dot com) is a fine news source for most things. In particular, they are sometimes a better source than most when it comes to international events when compared to their peers (CNN, ABC, NBC - MSNBC and Al Jazeera are more on their level).

Fox News (TV - Local) might be a fine outlet as well. They're good in Detroit and Chicago.

Fox News (TV - National) is where you have issues with reporting.

Old Machine: Late 2006 Model - 13.3" MacBook, 2 GHz C2D, 4 (3.3) GB RAM, 500 GB 7200rpm HD running OS X 10.6.8

Last edited by malman89; Oct 1, 2013 at 06:34 PM.
malman89 is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2013, 05:58 PM   #12
tshrimp
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by lannister80 View Post
Holy ****, a rational opinion piece on Fox News. amazing.
You might need to re-read it. Unless I misunderstand your comment. Either way this is an opinion piece.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by likemyorbs View Post
Compared to CNN, MSNBC, etc. They are, but admit they lean more toward the right than the others do, but that is the only way to get any non liberal news with a worshiping slant toward Obama and the Democratic party from most other main stream media outlets.
Old Oct 1, 2013, 06:33 PM   #13
LIVEFRMNYC
macrumors 68030

Let's see how long it's called "Obamacare" once the majority of Americas can't live without it. Can't wait to see how Republicans try to take credit for it as the years go by.
LIVEFRMNYC is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2013, 06:39 PM   #14
Renzatic
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIVEFRMNYC View Post
Let's see how long it's called "Obamacare" once the majority of Americas can't live without it. Can't wait to see how Republicans try to take credit for it as the years go by.
Good or bad, I think that name is all but stuck in the American conscience. For the Republicans sake, they better hope it turns out to be a dud, otherwise having a popular program with a Democrat presidents name permanently attached to it could cost them a few bales of political hay over the next few years.
Renzatic is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2013, 06:53 PM   #15
OneMike
macrumors 68040

Not a bad article. I think fox must've been hacked.
Old Oct 2, 2013, 07:16 AM   #16
LIVEFRMNYC
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMike View Post
Not a bad article. I think fox must've been hacked.
They don't want to lose ratings. The over used brainwashing GOP slogan of "The American people want" is not working. FOX might end up following their own slogan one day ...... Fair and Balanced.
LIVEFRMNYC is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2013, 07:55 AM   #17
SwiftLives
macrumors Demi-God

Send a message via AIM to SwiftLives
Just when they do something that gives me hope that they are attempting to move away from their biased news coverage, they do something like referring to the shutdown as a "slim down".
SwiftLives is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues