Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Current Events

Old Nov 25, 2013, 04:51 PM   #26
Yvan256
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by sim667 View Post
This is just an excuse to quote from films isnt it.

What is it with people quoting from films... I've noticed a lot of american comedy relies on characters having film quote offs.
Well, the only way to close this thread is to nuke it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Yvan256 is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2013, 10:08 AM   #27
Kissaragi
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvan256 View Post
Well, the only way to close this thread is to nuke it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
But we canna’ do it, captain….we just don’t have the power!
Kissaragi is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2013, 05:50 PM   #28
needfx
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvan256 View Post
I don't think that's what he meant
needfx is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 3, 2013, 02:03 PM   #29
impulse462
macrumors 65816

I honestly think you're grasping at straws here, just my opinion.

I think Pixar is better overall than Dreamworks, but the latter has had some great hits also, especially How to Train Your Dragon. I'm all about that movie.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 01:15 AM   #30
TMay
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by impulse462 View Post

I think Pixar is better overall than Dreamworks, but the latter has had some great hits also, especially How to Train Your Dragon. I'm all about that movie.
Indeed.

I would argue that Pixar has more critically acclaimed animations, more cutting edge technology, more awards, and a higher level of originality, but a production rate of about half of DreamWorks Animation.

Both companies tend to do very well at the box office with each release.

Disney Animation IMHO produces much better musicals than DreamWorks Animation and complements Pixar for Disney, examples being "Tangled" and the current release "Frozen" vs for example Rio! and "Madagascar"(for those parents that have to take the the kids to the theaters and then have to listen to them play them over and over again on DVD/BD).

For the record, I have seen all of the Pixar animations, haven't seen "Planes" or "Frozen", thought Wall-E was the finest anthropomorphic creation in animation to date, and will patiently await a sequel to "The Incredibles", thank you Brad Bird, until I die (I give myself another 30 years).

That said, I look forward to more "How to Train Your Dragon" sequels and the upcoming "Trolls", and expect "Mr. Peabody and Sherman" to disappoint.
TMay is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2013, 04:32 AM   #31
needfx
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by impulse462 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMay View Post
Indeed.

I would argue that Pixar has more critically acclaimed animations, more cutting edge technology, more awards, and a higher level of originality, but a production rate of about half of DreamWorks Animation.

Both companies tend to do very well at the box office with each release.

Disney Animation IMHO produces much better musicals than DreamWorks Animation and complements Pixar for Disney, examples being "Tangled" and the current release "Frozen" vs for example Rio! and "Madagascar"(for those parents that have to take the the kids to the theaters and then have to listen to them play them over and over again on DVD/BD).

For the record, I have seen all of the Pixar animations, haven't seen "Planes" or "Frozen", thought Wall-E was the finest anthropomorphic creation in animation to date, and will patiently await a sequel to "The Incredibles", thank you Brad Bird, until I die (I give myself another 30 years).

That said, I look forward to more "How to Train Your Dragon" sequels and the upcoming "Trolls", and expect "Mr. Peabody and Sherman" to disappoint.
Guys, I don't think if one studio is superior to the other output-quality-wise, side-business wise, or how often they send out final products has anything to do with the particulars of my original post.

This simply has to do if they decided to "prank" on each other's work.

Some of you say it's futile, but I still beg to differ. The only thing futile, is that I will never know for sure.
needfx is online now   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2013, 06:51 AM   #32
TMay
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by needfx View Post
Guys, I don't think if one studio is superior to the other output-quality-wise, side-business wise, or how often they send out final products has anything to do with the particulars of my original post.

This simply has to do if they decided to "prank" on each other's work.

Some of you say it's futile, but I still beg to differ. The only thing futile, is that I will never know for sure.
Just to offer an opinion about the two companies in context of their work, as a healthy rival, and the manifestation of that might be what you are pointing out.
TMay is offline   2 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Current Events